Sunday, September 9, 2018

King Long Shanks, Part 2


Today I'm sharing another page at Art Journal Journey I created in my large art journal.  For this, I'm once again joining Yvonne from Meggy's Way with her theme A World of Fantasy

Today we continue the tale of King Long Shanks who has been tricked by some unscrupulous tailors.  In case you missed Part 1 yesterday, you can see it here.

"Back in the fabled Land of Amphibians everyone was preparing for the lily pad parade.   King Long Shanks was dressed by his tailors, then led the parade through the town."


"No one said a word until a young tadpole shouted that the king was naked.  Everyone laughed, except the Queen who gave part of her skirt to cover King Long Shanks."

It may be a fantasy, but it's also a love story.

For this page I created in my large art journal, I started with another slightly different green patterned scrapbook paper to which I added the images and the text I wrote and printed.  And even though I covered up the majority of the background, there are circles everywhere, which means I can also join Moo Mania and More with their theme of Circles.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to stop by today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey AND Moo Mania and More.
 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice story, this seems to be the froggy version of 'The Kaiser's new clothes'. Have a great Sunday, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth, what an awesome fantasy story. I loved your version of it much better than the one we know in the UK [The Emperor's new Clothes] Yes, it is a love story as well, what fine lady would tear up her gown to cover her husbands modesty unless he was her true love. Mind you she is wearing a very fetching set of bloomers.
Thank you for these fabulous pages for my AJJ theme, I think you are enjoying this theme as well. I have certainly started off this Sunday morning with a smile after reading your post. Have a super day.
Yvonne xx

Rike said...

I am in LOVE with your story of the fabled Land of Amphibians! Your version is really a highlight - the lady did the right thing to help her naked husband over some troubles ... now she is standing free in her cute underwear, she does not care!
Have a happy Sunday! Rike xx

craftytrog said...

Great images! I love your take on this familiar story. And you're right, it is a love story that you created too.
Happy Sunday,
Alison xxx

RO said...

I'm not a frog person, but you sure make me want to hang out with a few right now.(lol) Very cool and fun layout! Hugs...RO

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous! I love this Dr.E.! Great entry for AJJ!
Happy Sunday!
Hugs, Susi

craftytrog said...

Great images! I love your take on this familiar story. And you're right, it is a love story that you created too.
Happy Sunday,
Alison xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet ending to your story.

Cindy McMath said...

Love this Elizabeth! I also saw the first instalment which was also great! I have never heard of this in frog version - so fun! As someone commented we know it as the Emporer’s new clothes in Canada as well, but this is way more fun. :)

Sandra Cox said...

I love this. So bright and colorful. It makes me smile. And I love the fairytale.

My name is Erika. said...

The queen is so nice to help cover up the King. And there is a good backstory too and how this applies to life, isn't there? Great page. It was a fun 2 days of posts that I really enjoyed. I hope we get to see King Longshanks again-this time in some clothing perhaps? Happy rest of the weekend. Hugs-Erika

EricaSta said...

Wow... lovely!

Eine wundervolle Umsetzung für das Thema von Moo-Mania!
Ein herzlicher Sonnengruß... von Heidrun

Jeanie said...

I love that it's a lovely story. And a fable for our time!

Caty said...

Adorable your Art Journal page Elizabeth !!, I love this love story too, and love the scrap paper with circles. So amazing and interesting!
i wish you a very nice new week, big hugs, Caty

Divers and Sundry said...

A delightful turn as a love story :) The King now knows who the only loyal one really is! I love these illustrations. The facial expressions capture so much.

Rita said...

So cute!! I like this version. :)

Rosie said...

A gorgeous spread, Elisabeth

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE.

Have a wonderful new week

froebelsternchen said...

And wow, thank you so much for joining MOO MANIA & MORE.
That's a wonderful entry!


Jackie PNeal said...

Elizabeth, your queen is the heroine of the story- what devotion and love for her frog king!
A great page and I have to tell you, i am still giggling over Long Shanks! teeheehee
Jackie xo

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Delightful, Elizabeth - the story and the page.

Michele said...

fabulous! xo