Saturday, September 8, 2018

King Long Shanks, Part 1


Today I'm sharing another journal page in my large art journal.  I am joining  Yvonne from Meggy's Way at Art Journal Journey with her theme A World of Fantasy.

I found these images in a book I purchased two years ago at the Art Museum.  The story was a bit wimpy, so I made up one of my own to go with the images.

"In the fabled Land of Amphibians lived King Long Shanks."

"Enter two unscrupulous tailors who convinced the king


they could create a suit of invisibility that will only be seen

by those who are loyal to him."

"King Long Shanks vanity took over and he allowed the tailors to create the suit."



"Even though everyone in the court watched, no one said a word for fear of being accused of being disloyal."




Tomorrow we will learn the fate of the King as he dresses in his new clothes.  This page began with green patterned scrapbook paper.  I added the images and plastic scissors, which is actually a button.  Then I printed and glued the words in place after I outlined them using a green gel pen.

My sidekick Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page! I am looking forward to reading the rest of the story! Have a great day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous page, love the little story attached. I also thank you so much for your inspiring words on my mixed media. I love to play and it's has been my favourite kind of art for a long time. I actually have taught mixed media classes until the lady couldn't pay me....or wouldn't ....x

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I am smiling as I read the post and looked at this fabulous page, its a great start to my day. You chose a super background for the pictures you used.
I love the story and you have me anticipating the next part. I wonder what the new clothes will look like already. These kind of stories take me back to childhood when we believed almost everything, there was a certain magic and mystery in them.
Have a super day
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Love the page. The illustrations are great and go so well with the Hans Christian Anderson tale.

Jackie PNeal said...

teeheeheee
King Longshanks! What a great name Elizabeth!
Looking forward to his new suit! LOL
Jackie xo

My name is Erika. said...

I hear hints of a famous fairytale (so far) and I am loving the frogs. Great name too. I think you found a great book and ave put it to good use. Enjoy your Saturday. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

I just LOVE your froggy version of "The Emperor's New Clothes" and looking foreward to the fate of King Long Shank and his new clothes! What a fun and fanciful page and entry for Yvonne's theme Elizabeth! Gorgeous!
Hugs to you and your sidekick Bleubeard!
Susi

Jeanie said...

This is charming. I love your story. And it's rather topical, too!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this frog tale with its adorable illustrations :)

Marfi-topia said...

Elizabeth, this is fantastic!!! I love love love it!!!

Denise Price said...

Very whimsical! It made me smile. :)

kathyinozarks said...

Such a very fun page-I love it!!
My appointment went well-turns out I was bruised inside pretty good-doing much better today. will start back on painting the hallway soon.
Haven't told Anyone yet-but we may have found our lake house-it's quite huge but we love it-great views-fingers crossed

Sharon Madson said...

Elizabeth , these are delightful images, and I am looking forward to the rest of the story!

Rita said...

Cute! Love the story. :)

Jeannette said...

oh my gosh,this is so fantastic fairy tale pages, i loved this images of the king frog family,i adore your amazing pages,dear elizhabeth,you added super pages and i love your style so much.
wishing you a nice day,dear elizabeth.

hugs jenny

Rike said...

Ahh, I had to read this first part earlier ... now I know why the king stood naked!

craftytrog said...

Fabulous story and page Elizabeth! I love it! Off to see part two.
Alison xxx

Caty said...

Love this Art journal page Elizabeth, love the story with the second part!! You ´re great ! Very nice evening, big hugss, Caty

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

This is so cute and clever, Elizabeth. I'm sure your twist on the Hans Christian Andersen tale is better than the original museum book story.