Monday, July 30, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: Week 30 and ICAD Week 9 (plus the wrap-up)


Here are my collages for Week 30.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

Additionally, here are the remainder of my Index Cards or ICADs that are hosted by Tammy at Daisy Yellow.  The collage cards will always come first and the final ICADs will be second.  I realize I rushed the final ICAD, but Tuesday, the final day of the event, I host T Stands For Tuesday, therefor my decision to finish the cards a day early.

In case you missed them, here are Week 29's cards.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm) all my index cards are 3 x 5 inches (76.2 x 127 mm).


Split decision

Measuring the miles to Mars

Point the way

(We are) Family

The crossing

The way I see it

The heart of the matter

Now for my final nine ICADs for 2018.

Day 53

Day 54


Day 55

Day 56


Day 57


Day 58


Day 59


Day 60
Because the mosaic program I use doesn't divide into 31, here are my July ICADs minus the final day.

July 2018 ICADs
Day 61

Thank you so much for spending time with me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, or Tammy's ICAD project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.   The ICAD mosaics will be on my Previous Collaborations page when this post goes live.
 
I want to thank Tammy once again for hosting this annual event.  It's always fun to look back at my previous entries and plan for next year.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of both projects. Now all that's left are 22 weeks of 365 collages, which translates to 154 more collages with (hopefully) quirky titles.

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful collages and ICADS. My fave is 'magic'. Have a fun day, Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

Another great week of collage and ICADs. I especially like The Crossing in your 365 Somethings collection. In the ICADs, I like the sewing as always, and the use of a crossword, as well as your final card that sums up this year’s challenge. Congratulations on completing another year!

froebelsternchen said...

You are not just my calendar hero Elizabeth , you are also my ICAD with hearts hero. They are precious again. I adore all the lovely stitching and how artsy you layered all those little bits and pieces. And wow - I am always thrilled about your quirky titles to the genius weekly collages this week!
I like them all again and Measuring the miles to Mars is my favourite! You do such a good job to not stop this projects - you learn so much from them - you can grow in your already fantastic art even more through this little exercises.
Happy start of the week my friend!
Bug hugs, Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Bravo to you to keep up with the daily challenges. the other day I watched Matt Damon in "The Martian" and your collage looked like the terrain as showed in the movie. The ribbon kitties takes the prize for the ICADS this showing.

Sami said...

Lots of hearts this month Elizabeth, all beautiful and special.

My name is Erika. said...

You did a fabulous job with the hearts this month! You ICADs are super. You certainly found hearts in lots of places. And you must be feeling better because you re back to those great titles. :) You certainly made some super pieces. I particularly like your title of measuring the miles to Mars. How do you think of such things? Hope you have a super Monday. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

"Split decision" is my favorite. I keep scrolling back up to it :)

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

These were fascinating as always. I particularly like "We are family" with the lions and the ICads 59 & 60. But really, they were all pleasing to the eye.

Sandra Cox said...

What fun! I especially liked We Are Family.

sheila 77 said...

Oh, your titles, Elizabeth! Favourites here are "The crossing" because the whole picture gives the whole idea of the word "crossing", and "The way I see it" because of the "x" bottom right, the sweet lion stamp on the dictionary page and the old adverts all together, it's a great collage, everyone could interpret this differently I think.
Love the stitching on the Icads, especially the stitching on the crossword.

Meggymay said...

I love this selection of cards and the one that spoke to me this time was...'We are Family'
The ones with the hearts are fantastic and it was good to see them altogether as a mosaic.
Yvonne xx

Lowcarb team member said...

They look so good, hard to choose a favourite.
I do like the mosaic!

My good wishes

All the best Jan

craftytrog said...

Wow! Your ICADs all look amazing, and I love your latest collages Elizabeth!
Sorry I'm a bit late commenting this week, I have a daughter to distract me! :-)
Hope you're having a good week,
Alison xxx

Jeanie said...

Experience Magic, the crossword heart and the cats -- yes, you know my favorites!