Sunday, July 29, 2018

July complete and August ready in my never ending calendar


As you can tell, I rushed this entry.  It is the only time I will have to share it.  I already have my 365 somethings ready, and I know what I am calling my T-Tuesday post, even though I haven't written it or photographed it yet.  It appears I rushed the after party last week.  I used a sticker for Sunday, because I have no idea what will happen today as I always usually fill in the square at the end of the day.

Two things you might like are the cats who came to party with Squiggles.  I'm sure he felt and feels left out since I've created ICADs with Bleubeard for two months.

The second thing you may not be able to read is what I wrote on the left that referenced to July 2, 1964. It reads "Civil Rights Act passed.  We still haven't learned this is the law."  I will NOT get on my soap box, I promise.

As you can tell, August is ready to be written in.

And finally, since we all know my calendar pages don't begin to compare with those of many of my artist friends,

this is a birthday card I created for a friend.  To my knowledge, she has not received it yet, but there's no way she would know it's from me, even though she reads my blog.

I realize I don't make cards, and this is a perfect reason why.  In hindsight, I wish I had picked a different color to stamp the word "surprise," since the color is so close to one I used when I made the shaving cream paper background.  Because it involves a book page, I am sharing it with Try it on Tuesday where cards, even wimpy ones, are accepted.

Thanks for joining me today to see my calendar pages.  This is the only place you will see them.  And thanks for checking out my birthday card to a friend for Try it on Tuesday.  I'll see you there today.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful calendar pages. Have a fun day, Valerie

Cath Wilson said...

It's lovely to see a well used calendar page. I stopped making them because I always forgot to use them, then had to fill them in quickly with things I actually remembered, lol.

You have lovely handwriting :-)

Love the shaving foam background - you got a lovely effect. I never thought of using book papers with the technique, though it's a long time since I tried it.

I'm sure your friend will be thrilled to receive your birthday card, and especially one so colourful. The colours are amazing... but she'll be thrilled more than anything with the fact that you remembered her day and thought of her - I know I always am.

Had a giggle through your funnies - very amusing!

Have a lovely Sunday, Elizabeth!

Cath x

Helen said...

good to see you still working your never ending calendar! Next time you make a card (lol) outline the letters in a marker pen...

those towers you thought looked like silos are blocks of flats.
I have shared pics of the japanese garden before, but for the life of me can't find in which post... it's not my favourite part which is why I don't go often. I did feature the building the time before this that I went though...
glad you enjoyed the trip again! you always leave such lovely comments.

Helen said...

should have said, before I published the comment, that the card is just fine though!

CJ Kennedy said...

A jam-packed month for July and I do love all the kitties that came to party with Squiggles. I even see an Ink kitty! I like the card you made and I think stamping Surprise in the same colors as the background as to the surprise of realizing there's a word.

RO said...

Yay! You got an early start on that August calendar, which is commendable. I need to be doing the same and am behind, as usual.(lol) My goodness, that card looks so colorful and fun, and the fact that it's done with shaving cream makes it that much more interesting. Your friend is definitely going to love and recognize your lovely work! Hugs...and Happy Sunday! RO

Barbara said...

I’m impressed with filling in your calendar so completely, a journal for sure. Making cards is hard, I think. I’m finding that with my eco dyed papers, so I make blank note cards to give as gifts. They will take on a new life if the receiver uses one. Happy new month!

Mia said...

You are such a busy lady, Elizabeth (just like me!).
I love your suprise card, my friend. I love the colours that mix so nicely with the shaving foam background. I am sure that your friend will be thrilled to receive it. Kisses!!!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such great calender pages, it looks like you have had a busy month and and all those kitty cats made me smile 😁. The card is beautiful, I love the colours on the book paper background and technique you used to create such a lovely dreamy effect. Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday and Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

Jackie PN said...

holy cannolis! After seeing your July, I see why you are taking breaks in August! Phew!
Enjoy the time off and the summer which is very hot and much too short!
Jackie xx

froebelsternchen said...

I am impressed with your calendars every month - I stopped my project already again ...lol! I will never manage to do this continually. I love your beautiful card and I love that you linked it to Try It On Tuesday! Thank you Elizabeth, you know how much we appreciate your participations there!
I think it looks so fabulous with the surprise on this fantastic background and it is extra special to have this word in the same color as is in the background - it's in a kind of metaphorical sense - I love it! And I bet the recipiant loves it also!!!
Happy Sunday my friend!
Big hugs, Susi
Everything is o.k. with our boy!

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth. Of course I am so pleased that you invited all these cats to Squiggles's party (and I would have loved to have come too as I am a great fan of Squiggles, as you know). Maybe next time?
I am so impressed that you keep up a diary/calendar. I start and then after a few days life gets in the way and it is a choice between write it or live it. So I am impressed by the fact that you manage to do both.
Who wouldn't be happy to receive this unusual card! I love the painted background on to the text and the way the word "Surprise" suddenly jumps out like a "Surprise".
Love from Sheila

My name is Erika. said...

The cats on your calendar are purrfect! :) And like you, I will stay off my soapbox also because this country seems to be going backwards so many times. And I do like the colors on your card. Why is it our art sometimes looks so different posted online than when we view it? Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love how you included the cats for Squiggles and of course Bleubeard, in your calendar spread. Your calendar is yours, your way of recording the days, so that is special and unique to you. Thank you for sharing it with us .
I think your card is fantastic Elizabeth. The colour of the word blends so well with the background and to me that is what I love about the card.
Thank you for joining us all over at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

I always enjoy your calendar pages - I think they must be fun to browse through some days - if you ever have time! I love the card! I think it’s fresh and pretty and the colours are beautiful.

Divers and Sundry said...

You have a full calendar! I'm afraid I'd have trouble filling one up.

Go ahead, get on that soapbox. I'll stand and applaud :)

Rita said...

Love the colors on that card. All ready for August. I just got my bullet journal ready today, too! :)

aussie aNNie said...

BRILLIANCE PLUS, love the awesome card and the fab colours.xx

Sandra Cox said...

What fun. I especially liked We Are Family.

Barbara said...

Revisiting....an incredible amassing of creative projects. I would display “We Are Family” in my home! Thanks for visiting my son’s hand-forged apothecary spoon.

craftytrog said...

Your calendar pages look great, and that's a lovely card! xxx

Jeanie said...

There is something both terrifying and exciting about a clean slate!

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous calendar pages, one of these years I might do my own as they look more fun that the shop bought one I have.
A great birthday card using the book paper, I'm sure your friend loved it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
Avril xx

bharti said...

One of the first things you should do before you leave and change the Interior Designer in Kanpur of your house is to make the house clean. You can brighten up your home enough and see all the different things you haven’t seen before that you don’t even want to make about the improvements or changes you thought you would need in the beginning. See what other soaps and elbows will do and you'll be amazed at how different it will be from everything you do and see at home.
Best Interior Design Company in Kanpur
VAASTU CONSULTANCY
WATER FOUNTAINS
FALSE CEILINGS
Furniture Manufacturers in Kanpur
Mandir Interior Design in Kanpur
Elevation Designer in Kanpur
Showroom Interior Designing In Kanpur