Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The beauty and the beast (Tea Tuesday)

The beauty is in the gold-rimmed goblet filled with ice, accompanied by a lemon slice. The beauty is in the sunflower placemat and napkin that reminds me summer is still hanging on. The beast is the "half tea, half lemonade," with Arnold Palmer's name and face on the can. Believe it or not, this is a can of AriZona tea I found at the supermarket. Ugly, but it sounded good.


To my relief, it also tasted good. So, please join all my Tea Tuesday friends even though Kimmie at Art in Red Wagons may still be on vacation, and celebrate your drink of choice today. Even if it looks like a beast!

_______________________________

14 thoughtful remarks:

~*~Patty S said...

Catchy tea post title E!
Your sunflowers and pretty tea glass are beautiful...I really should know more about golf as Mr M enjoys it...but Arnold Palmer is only a name to me ;)

Hope you're enjoying some cooler temps...wishing you a happy Tuesday
oxo

Caterina Giglio said...

can it really be tea day already... such a great title, I had to come by for tea... with you and Arnie... and Bleubeard of course...x

Rita said...

That really is not an appealing tea can--ROFL! Sorry Arnold. Glad it tasted good. What a pretty glass to drink it from, too. :)

505whimsygirl said...

Yep, when I was a barmaid I would serve up an Arnold Palmer to a few patrons that stayed away from the hard stuff. They are good, to be sure.

Peace,
Kay

Carol said...

Love Arnold Palmer Tea :0) Yummy good stuff.

Halle said...

Yes summer is still hanging on. Some good cold tea sounds very tasty right now!!
We've got trees starting to turn...mostly maples...and yet we are expecting record high temps this week. Go figure.

okienurse said...

Yummy! I went to Dollar Tree yesterday and they had the 1.24L bottle of the same tea so I bought a bottle. I think I will go back and buy a couple more. It was surprisingly refreshing!! Have a great day! Vickie

Anonymous said...

Oh I used to drink lots of Arizona, not for a while though. Looks good...Enjoy your Tuesday. xox

SandeeNC said...

Too funny! I haven't thought about Arnold Palmer in a long time, and that looks like a much younger picture of him, guess he needs the money,:( since he is endorsing tea, glad to hear that it tasted good though!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

I don't think I have ever seen an Arnold Palmer can of anything! Glad it tasted better than it looked! Sunflowers are so cheery!

Unknown said...

I love the Arizona tea cans ... I've never seen the Arnold Palmer one ... but doesn't an Arnold Palmer have booze in it? Hah hah ... just guessing on that one cuz I really don't have a clue!

Darla said...

Your sunflower set it pretty, makes up for the odd can. I like Arizona tea but have never come across that particular one. Glad it tasted better than it looks.

Darla

Unknown said...

I LOVE iced tea and lemonade, one of my favorite combos! And that place mat is perfect for this time of year; I love it too ;)

Healing Woman said...

Half lemonade and half tea..sounds and looks delectable. Love your setting and the sunflower placemats.