Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Second set of laminate chips

This project has taken more twists and turns than a winding mountain road. I had planned to try a new technique on the rest of these laminate chips, but I couldn't get it to work properly. What I planned to do was add mica powders to hot glue and stamp into the hot glue. The glue would go in the spot where the charms are located and the mica powder would color the glue. I couldn't mix the mica powder with the hot glue, then stamp into the glue fast enough, so, instead of making a mess of all these, I just went through my charms and buttons, and went from there. Hopefully I'll be able to develop the glue and mica powder technique one of these days and try it in a different project.
Here are the completed laminate chips,
and here they are from a different angle with less glare on the faces of some of the charms.
This shows the laminate chips on my refrigerator after I glued a sheet magnet on the back. Unfortunately, I couldn't use a Xyron magnet cartridge for these because the magnets went on last and I didn't want to laminate the pieces.
This photo shows them from the side. They are very textural and dimensional. I really love several of them. Even though this project turned out totally different than I originally planned, I am still happy with the results.

0 thoughtful remarks: