Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Playing with more laminate chips

Over the past several days, I have painted the backs of these laminate chips a total of three times in order to hide the brand name. In between painting them, I allowed them to dry, picked them up and stacked them in order to have room for other projects, and laid them back out again three times. In the end, I didn't even use them in this laminate chip project. The reason? I changed the focus of the finished project, and didn't need painted backs.
So after dealing with the other chips, I sorted these laminate chips by color and laid them out to see what I had and what I needed to complete the project.
Then I drug out every scrap of lace and ribbon I owned that matched the laminate chips.
To begin the project, I cut various lengths of lace (the sheerer the better), then took a small piece of UHU Tac, rolled it in my hand till soft, and shaped it into a ball. The shape was not important, but it made it easier for the next step.
I then positioned the lace on the chip,
then pressed the lace into the Tac.
Here are the first ones I did when I took the photo. It took a long time to do this and the next step, which was to cut and place matching fibers over the lace.
Now I'm the last person in the world to talk composition, but I angled all of the ribbons and lace because I thought it just looked better.
I glued the fibers together and allowed the assemblies to dry. Lastly, I added charms, old jewelry, fabric roses, and polymer clay pieces on top of the fiber and lace assemblies. I did about half of them this way, then decided I wanted to try a different technique on the rest. Come back again to see the update on this project. Click on any photo for a better view.

0 thoughtful remarks: