Sunday, October 4, 2026

If it's Sunday, it's Rocking Horses

 

It's time to share a very unusual and beloved rocking horse.  Today Bleubeard and I are also joining Nicole for Sunday in the Art Room or SITAR, and Gillena for Sunday Smiles.   

Today I only have one rocking horse, but it is both beautiful and functional.  
 
It holds one of my rings I can't wear due to my lupus which makes my body break out around any ring, watch, or anything metal.  Before you ladies ask, I can't wear bras with metal fasteners.
 
It's even more functional than being a ring holder.
 
Do you see what the rocker is hiding?
 
Even PhotoShop couldn't lighten this enough for you to see it clearly.
 
 
Finally.  After over 30 photos, I got one that actually shows the functional part that's normally hidden.  Yes, it's a pencil sharpener.  It was a gift one year for Christmas.
 
A lousy close up of the face.  The background was in focus, the foreground wasn't.
 
I had a bit better luck with the tail.
 
I tried to show the copper patina, which doesn't show in the other photos.  Too bad even PhotoShop was unable to color correct with much luck.  At least, I hope you had a smile or two when you saw this one-of-a-kind rocking horse.
 

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  Please join us at 

 
 and  

 

 
 

2 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Such a cute, practical horse!
Have you tried rings of fabric, iron ore or some other stone? Or even plastic? There are nice ones out there!

Gillena Cox said...

Nice one, Elizabeth
Happy Sunday
Thank you for linking. to. SundaySmiles

Much love