Saturday, September 12, 2026

Then and Now

 

“I swear by God this sacred oath, that I will render unconditional obedience to Adolf Hitler, the Fuhrer of the German Reich and people, Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, and will be ready as a brave soldier to risk my life at any time for this oath.”  Adolf Hitler, August 2, 1934, Germany

“Raise your right hand. I pledge to the greatest president in the history of the United States. That loves us so much he can’t even breathe. That I will go out with my family, my friends. I’ll do it any way, I don’t care if I’m registered or not, I’m going to try to cheat like hell like they do. I am gonna go out, and I’m going to get my friends, my family and we are going to vote on November 3 or we are going to vote before that.”  “If you vote, you vote Republican. So help me God.”  Donald Trump, September 10, 2026, Dallas TX.

 

Does anyone else see the similarities?  I've been saying for months how everything MAGAs and Trump are doing falls directly under the NAZI playbook. 

I welcome any and all comments. 

 

3 thoughtful remarks:

My name is Erika. said...

This isn't the first similarity, and it's quite scary, isn't it?

Tom said...

...but as Carola Bartz September 11, 2026 at 12:20 PM on my post yesterday. "It's getting worse by the minute. I read an article - I don't know where or what - comparing T not to Hitler, because Hitler was too disciplined which T is not, but to Idi Amin. That doesn't make me feel any better."

carol l mck said...

I saw the similarities from the beginning of his running ~He should have been impeached a long time ago ~ I can''t even see his face without having a negative reaction ~ I wonder what is happening to this country ~ sigh ~ Hugs ^_^