Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Autumn in all its glory

 

Before we begin, I would like to thank Aimeslee, our host last month at Art Journal Journey with her Anything Goes theme.  I would have been a lot more active had Blogger allowed me to leave comments.

Today we welcome a new host at Art Journal Journey.  It is a dear friend whose art I truly admire.  Allow me to introduce you to Alison of Craftytrog's Arty Adventures.   Her theme for this entire month is Autumn Colors and Inspiration.  Here is how I interpreted her theme.

Autumn has arrived in all its glory and that means the leaves are changing.  The hot colors of summer are giving way to the yellows, oranges, and browns of autumn.  I have a few detail images below.







I began by spritzing and painting yellow spray mist onto 110 lb cardstock.  When dry, I laid real leaves I had dried onto the page.  I then spritzed with copper, but the color was not what I expected.  That's when I used colors called Raisin and Cranberry over the leaves, which by this time had become rather colorful.  
 
I then scrunched a small tag and sprayed it with one of my blue/green shimmering mists.  When dry, I added the image of Eleanor of Aquitaine to the tag.  I then positioned the tag to the background and added the real leaves to the page.

Alison, Erika, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Autumn Colors and Inspiration.

Please remember we welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  I (and the administrators) cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards!!!  We also don't allow tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs, including mineHope to see you and your Autumn Colors and Inspiration entries soon at Art Journal Journey

 

3 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I love your vibrant take on one of my favourite times of year.

craftytrog said...

Thank you for that wonderful intro Elizabeth! I'm looking forward to seeing your Autumn inspired pages this month.
I love this beautiful first page, and the great techniques you used. It's beautiful!
Happy October!
Alison x

Mae Travels said...

Beautiful colors! You made them truly vivid.

Our leaves in our city neighborhood have just barely begun to turn. I hope we'll take a ride out in the less urban areas and see the earlier colorful leaves, but even there, our extended summer weather may have left them still green.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com