Wednesday, August 28, 2024

The flamingo

 

I apologize.  This was only to go live if I could leave comments.  I was able to leave them to about a dozen people, then I started getting "Failed to publish" again.  Unfortunately, time is not on my side, so it is (as they say in the academic world) publish or perish.  I will leave comments when I am allowed to do so by blogger.

I'm once again joining Jo from Let’s Art Journal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her Wonderfully Wild theme.

I'm not sure how wild flamingos are, but they are always a big attraction at our county zoo.  I have a few detail shots below.






These are the two napkins I used.  I finally found scissors that allowed me to fussy cut around the napkin I placed below the flamingo.

I began by fussy cutting around the napkin I used in the background.  After adding it to the substrate (110 lb. cardstock) I then adhered the flamingo napkin to the lower napkin, both of which I received in a napkin swap, the same swap Jo, our AJJ host, participated in.  As I was smoothing the flamingo, I tore it and you can see the flamingo's leg is a bit disjointed.  I also seem to have allowed part of the right hand palm tree in the background to have slipped under itself.  Regardless, I was quite pleased with the outcome.
 
Bleubeard and I want to thank each of you for visiting today.  We would also love to see you at Art Journal Journey and share your take on Wonderfully Wild.

8 thoughtful remarks:

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful page! I love how you layered the napkins together, it's perfectly designed - gorgeous 😊. So glad to see you at Art Journal Journey, thanks so much for the inspiration! Hugs, Jo x

My name is Erika. said...

Those layered napkins make a great image on your page. And I'm so sorry to read that you're still having commenting issues. Weird how it works and then stop. I know you might be sick of reading comments that say hope it's fixed soon, but I do hope it is. hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

So strange that your computer is different from those used by the rest of us, where comments have not become impossible. Good luck (as we all say every day). I love flamingos — there are some in my blog post today.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Blogger... what to say. Have you tried different browsers, reloading etc? (I hear your moan, "of course!" But that helps over here, just F5 and it MIGHT work...).
Hehe, I flamINGO every day to train my balance.
Great work of yours!

DVArtist said...

Hi Elizabeth, I have a few minutes this AM so wanted to see what you are creating. Love this piece. Have a nice day.

Neet said...

I love your flamingo page. I was fortunate (or not) to see flamingo's when I was in Vegas many years ago. Whether or not happy is to be had when in captivity is a matter for discussion, not sure which way I come down on.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your flamingo page.
Hope the comments situation will sort itself out soon for you.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

??? My comment disappeared!
I like your flamingo page.

All the best Jan