Saturday, July 27, 2024

A hot mess that just kept getting worse: aka Millinery

 

I originally created this spread for Halle from Halle’s Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme, as you know is I've got a notion.  However, it's such a mess, I hope no one feels this is typical of my work.

I'm not sure I should even show this entry, but I spent a great deal of time on it, so felt I should let everyone know what a mess I made.

I managed to tear the dressmaker's tissue in about the spot I chose to stamp the woman's face and hat.  The lower lady's nose was obscured by the dress pattern design.

I've had mixed results with this red rubber stamp before, but NOTHING this bad.  The woman on the left looks like a dog, at least to me!

Then as I tried to straighten the tissue, I managed to apply the definition I had so carefully found, cut out, and inked around, upside down!

To attempt to redeem myself, I stamped the image from above again.  This is the only thing that wasn't a mess.

The problem is, all of these red rubber wooden stamps are from Hero Arts.  The two smaller ones stamped better than the large one.

This was supposed to be a tribute to millinery, which often used notions in their designs.  Instead, it became a mess that I must live with.

Bleubeard and I are happy you dropped by today, even if it wasn't our my finest hour.  We look forward to seeing you at Art Journal Journey where we hope you will share your own interpretation of I've got a notionThere's still time to enter your own notion.

 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Katerinas Blog said...

These stamps are amazing!
You must be a very creative person!
This kind of mess usually happens to people like this!!
I love your creation!!

Elephant's Child said...

You are toooooo hard on yourself. Again.

Valerie-Jael said...

It's really not bad, don't worry! At least you did something! Hugs!

Tom said...

...are hats fashionable these days?

Iris Flavia said...

I love those stamps and I really had to giggle about your "mess".
I think it came out great!

My name is Erika. said...

You could have stamped that hot mess image on paper and glued it over the hot mess. The ladies look great, but you are right about the middle one. Oh well,we all have hot messes sometimes. What can you do? Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

What Elephant's Child said

Christine said...

Very nice

Mae Travels said...

It’s interesting that you always have such a definite image in mind for what you intend to create. No room for mistakes as an art form in themselves.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

We are always our own worst critics. It looks much better than you think.
Hope you are having a good weekend. :)

Halle said...

I'm glad you shared this. It's about the process not perfection.

pearshapedcrafting said...

I can just hear these ladies saying 'Fabulous darling!' A brilliant idea for Halle's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

You're featuring hats. I'm good with that 👍 I agree you're too hard on yourself.