Saturday, June 1, 2024

You make me happy

 

I want to first thank both Erika, who many of you know as BioArtGal and Valerie, who can be found at Bastelmania for hosting last month.  They did a fantastic job and picked up the slack when I could and did not.

Matilde from 100% Handmade/Craftowanie is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme for the entire month is What Makes You Happy.

You make me happy.  Details are below.




Everyone who has ever been to this blog knows Bleubeard is the face of our blog.  Poor Squiggles often gets left out.  When I found this cat that looked a bit like Squiggles, but without his cute pink nose, I had to create this spread.  The cat may not look exactly like Squiggles, but the sentiment is for him.  He is much different from Bleubeard, who is Mr. Social Butterfly.

I started by adhering a piece of blue 90 lb. cardstock that looked very much like the cat's eyes.  I computer generated the words, all truthful, then added the fussy cut cat and three hearts.
 
Matilde, Chris, Erika, Valerie, Bleubeard, and I are delighted you joined us and hope to see you this month at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of What Makes You Happy.
 
We welcome art journal pages that meet the theme requirements, altered book pages, canvases, loose, or stand alone pages including fabric and digital art.  We cannot leave comments on Facebook or Instagram entries.  We do not allow cards, tags, index cards, ATCs, or ATCoins, unless they are part of a journal page, and as much as we don't want to, will be forced to delete your entry.  Please remember if your blog is not in English, we ask that you translate it for us since the translation tool doesn't work on some blogs, including mineHope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey.   
 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good to see Squiggles, or at least a Squiggles lookalike! Enjoy your weekend!

Matilde said...

This cat is so cute 🥰 Beautiful page! And I hope you'll create more for this theme 🥰

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth. I love the Squiggles look alike!
Hope all is well with you.
Have a happy and creative June.
Alison xx

Elephant's Child said...

A beautiful look alike.

Tom said...

...be happy.

My name is Erika. said...

I think you've created a great page to start the month with my friend. I love that blue background because it really makes the face stand out. And your quote is poetry too-grin. Just was going to joke how you can't get past last month's theme-big smile. Seriously, this is a great start, and I hope to see more kitty pages as the month goes on. hugs-Erika

Neet said...

So glad you mentioned Squiggles in your blog page. I often think of him when I visit your blog as much as I do about Bleubeard which is why you get three "x's" and not two like most people. One for you and one for each cat.
Before I landed here on your page I had a feeling it would be 'cats' so was delighted to find a Squiggles look alike was there.
Hugs Neet xxx

Christine said...

Lovely happy page!

Rita said...

Allie makes me very happy, too. My hearing is pretty bad, but I can count on Allie to let me know someone is at the door before I have heard a thing--lol!

Jeanie said...

I'm glad Squiggles is getting his day in the sun! (Even if it's a fake Squiggles!)

Happy June -- I hope you're having a good day.

Divers and Sundry said...

Awww! I can feel the happiness 😊

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww that's a lovely page.

All the best Jan

sirkkis said...

Of course your sweet Bleubeard makes you happy 🐱🐈
I wish, Elizabeth,that your summer is happy and joyful 🌸🌱🌼

Nancy said...

Squiggles and Bleubeard make us happy, too!

carol l mckenna said...

Yes, ~ do what makes you happy ~ Your post and that kitty photo makes me happy too ~ hugs,

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Cats it had to be no1 for what makes you happy, glad squiggles was given the limelight in your page I'm sure bleubeard will not be far behind.
A very happy share, pets really are a delight in our lives..
Happy crafty June Hugs Tracey xx