Thursday, June 13, 2024

Looking up

 

 Today I'm joining Try it on Tuesday, where their theme this fortnight is using Book Pages.  This is definitely right up my alley.  Want to know how I made the colorful background?  Here's how.

This is also what I see when Squiggles looks in the camera.  Squiggles always makes me happy, and What Makes You Happy is Matilde's theme, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  You can find Matilde at 100% Handmade/Craftowanie. Detail shot is below.


I glued the page I created back in April during my 22 days of recycling into my Cats altered book.  I then fussy cut the kitty I found in a calendar.  

Thanks for dropping by today.  Bleubeard, Squiggles, and I hope to see you at Art Journal Journey and Try it on Tuesday.

 

17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

My name is Erika. said...

Cool page my friend. I love that background. The colors are great, and the kitty looks fantastic against them. And just enough of draw your eye in that direction. Thanks for joining us at TIOT for the book page challenge, and I'm loving seeing all your AJJ pages. I hope you're having a good week. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...keep looking up!

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the colours and background. It sets the kitty off nicely.
I'm glad you showed the Hot To! I was curious.

Rita said...

You know I love color and I love cats! :) :)

Divers and Sundry said...

I see why Squiggles makes you happy😊 I like all the color here.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the colours. And Squiggles!

Christine said...

Nice work!

Linda said...

I like that. It’s different and Squiggles is cute.

kathyinozarks said...

I love your page Elizabeth

Lowcarb team member said...

It's so colourful, I like it :)

All the best Jan

CJ Kennedy said...

Aw, you had me at that kitty face

Iris Flavia said...

I remember how you did it, but I really hate to iron!
Such a cute kitty... awww...

sirkkis said...

Love the happy colors and layout, Elizabeth ❤️
Have a happy weekend 😻🌻

Jeanie said...

I'm so, so glad we get to see Squiggles. I love the bright colors, Elizabeth.

Meggymay said...

I love this fantastic journal page Elizabeth with the colourful book page additions, great inspiration for the TioT's theme, thankyou for linking and sharing with us there. I loved seeing the photo of Squiggles as well.
Yvonne x

Neet said...

I think if Squiggles looked at me like he is looking at you when you took the photo I would be happy too. Such a riot of colour on your page today, almost like a bed of roses with Squiggles sat in the corner.
Hugs, Neet xx