Friday, June 7, 2024

Friday Smiles

 

It's Friday, which means it's time to join Friday Smiles, hosted by Annie (at A Stitch in Time).  Let's visit Annie and the other wonderful ladies who also share their smiles each Friday.

Yesterday I visited my local Public Broadcasting Station (PBS), which is viewer supported.  No commercials, just fabulous programs.  I went there with the sole purpose of paying my membership pledge.  Bleubeard and I support all the British programs.  It's my single donation every year and I am passionate about it.

After paying Bleubeard's and my donation pledge, the President and CEO of the company came out and invited me to see the children's area while it was open.

This is the Children's Discovery area of my PBS station.

There is a bit of everything from construction to how a wall is built and more.

I tried hard to not get any faces in the camera.


The one exception is Victor Hogstrom, President and CEO.

He was clowning around for the camera.

I love their recycle station.


And who doesn't adore Big Bird?

I was also fascinated by this robot that was remote controlled.   

A young child was controlling the remote, so I gave up trying to chase it around and get it in focus.

Thanks for spending part of your Friday here.  Bleubeard and I would love to see you at Friday Smiles, too. 


 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

Oh that looks fun. Do they make children's programs in that studio? Or is it for visiting children, like schools?
The CEO is a happy guy (well, he would be after you gave him a big donation).
Thank you for taking me to the PBS station.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

Elephant's Child said...

Big smiles. Thanks for sharing the fun.

Tom said...

...PBS is a valuable resource for the community, I'm afraid that Trump will kill it. It's so woke!

Annie said...

What a fun place….i bet the children love it there (grown ups too I guess). Thanks for sharing it.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

What fun that all looks. I can see children would have a great time there. It brought back memories of when my older boys had stickle brinks, (and what it felt like to tread on one!).
I am sure your pledge and loyalty are appreciated. Kate x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

What an interesting place to visit. You may have tried to avoid faces but it looked as though Victor had no intentions of missing out on having his picture taken, what a lovely man. Love the big bird too. It's good to support things like that, so worth while. I can tell by your comment over at Annie's that we all have a similar sense of humour Lol! Have a good weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Valerie-Jael said...

i think i would also enjoy playing in the children's area, it's greaT. Love that huge duck and the roboter, of course. Victor looks like a jolly person, too. Happy Friday, hugs!

My name is Erika. said...

That is a fun space and I bet it was exciting to have the president and CEo bring you in. I love his sense of humor. I bet he is a fun guy to work for. :) I hope you're having a good week, and it's great to see you posting so many days again. :) hugs-Erika

Christine said...

Lovely!

Mae Travels said...

Good that you support programming on PBS. Attacks on them are so obnoxious — especially the really irrational ones like attacking Big Bird. The political pressure on them is also very obnoxious. I was also wondering why they have a children’s play area, as most PBS stations simply broadcast programs from national sources not original programs.
SMILING!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a fun space.

Jeanie said...

This is very cool about having a children's area. I might have to share this with our station folks!

Rita said...

That really is a special PBS place you have there. Kids would love it! :)

Let's Art Journal said...

Looks like an amazing place and a wonderful experience for the children, PBS such a worthy cause to support, well done you ❤️. The President and CEO looks like he was having fun too. Take care 😊. Sending you happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great place for kids to have fun in!

Lowcarb team member said...

This looks great, such fun for kids.

All the best Jan