Thursday, April 18, 2024

What's new pussycat?

 

 Today I have a journal page that will satisfy three challenges.

What's new pussycat?  This journal page is for Try it on Tuesday, whose challenge theme this fortnight is Inspired by a Song.  And because there are adorable faces, I'll share them at Nicole's Friday Face Off.  Of course, there are 12 squares, too, which means this also qualifies for this month's host, Valerie's theme, Geometric Forms, at Art Journal Journey.   Detail shots below.



I began the page with one of my favorite backgrounds which was several Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  The cats were stamped with dye ink using a borrowed stamp.  The letters were stickers.  I didn't have an apostrophe in the set, so used one of the centers of one of the letters.

The page was inspired by the theme song written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David, and sung by Tom Jones for the movie, a comedy, of the same name.  The single hit number 3 in the states. 
 
This is Day 18 of 22 and I repurposed a rubber stamp and background to create this fun journal page.  I also used some very, very, very old stickers for the sentiment.
 
I sincerely hope you will join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday, and Friday Face Off.
 
  

18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous - and clever to make it fit three challenges.

craftytrog said...

Gorgeous colours and I love the cats Elizabeth!
Hope you're well and having a good week.
Alison

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful, love the kitties. Thanks for linking to AJJ, must hurry, have an appointment!

Tom said...

..."What's New Pussycat?" Burt Bacharach and Hal David wrote some neat stuff.

Jeanie said...

I LOVE all the kitties!

Christine said...

Lovely page for the challenges

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page and I'm loving all those kitty cats 😊. Loving your song choice too, thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! I hope you are keeping well. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Rita said...

LOL! Now I have an earworm! ;)

My name is Erika. said...

I remember that stamp. And I don't own it either, which would be a joke in my house as my husband is convinced I own every stamp ever made-ha-ha, not even close. (grin) I like your pretty spring colors too. This is perfect for AJJ and TIOT. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

Sandra Cox said...

Very clever. Loved the kitties and the soft pastel colors in the background.
Hope you are doing well and those creative juices continue to flow:)

CJ Kennedy said...

Awesome stamps

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Lovely page for the challenges, the cats is great!
hug Elke

Iris Flavia said...

3 cats (challenges) with one stone (artwork) - clever and cute!

Fundy Blue said...

The moment I saw the title of your piece, I had Tom Jones singing it stuck in my head. Thanks, Elizabeth ~ lol! You have a great variety of cat faces from different angles. And I do love kitties! Have a great weekend!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh this is just fabulous. However, I am going to be humming the song, "What's new pussy cat." Thanks so much for that....LOL Seriously, very clever art again. Thank you for joining FFO and have a very nice weekend.

Meggymay said...

I love the cat images you added to this fabulous page and I now have that song in my head. Thank you for sharing with us at TioT's Elizabeth and I hope you are well best wishes.
Yvonne x

Gene Black said...

Nice journal page, nd now I hear. Tom Jones singing n my head.

sirkkis said...

Hi Elizabeth, your cats are sweet and idea fun.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, it's publishes; I'm sorry about how Google/Chrome behaves to you :(
Have a wonderful week ahead, hugs xx