Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Birthday Balloons

 

 I have another background today that almost didn't happen.

I started this over a week ago.  At the time, the supplies were from left to right:

110 lb cardstock
Ice cream lid used as paint palette
2 colors fluid acrylics (colors of your choice)
1 balloon

I chose the colors, then blew up the balloon, but left it overnight.  The next morning the balloon had leaked and was nearly flat.  I put the project away and went on to a different background technique.  I finally decided I should try to make the nearly flat balloon work.  Fortunately, when that didn't happen,
 
I found another birthday balloon in my stash. 

I was once again hopeful.
 
I wasn't sure if these were the same two colors I had chosen before, but I like them together, so decided to use them.  I poured the green gold on the plate,

then dipped the balloon in the paint.  I smooshed (may not be a word, but I used it anyway) and did a bit of twisting in places, once I felt I was lining the paint up instead of randomly adding it to the page.

I then added the blue to the plate.  It was much thicker than the green, which gave me a bit of trouble.

The thicker blue paint didn't smoosh as much as the green paint.   I was still quite pleased with the results and it makes a great background.

A close up.  I'm thinking this would make a great "under the sea" background.

I tried to color compensate for this in PhotoShop.

For Day 17 of 22, I repurposed a gifted balloon and created a charming background.

Thanks to everyone who is following along on this recycling journey leading up to bEARTHday.
 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

I like the smooshed colours! happy recycling.

Elephant's Child said...

What an interesting technique. And if smooshed isn't a word it should be.

Sami said...

I like the balloon technique, it's lovely. Enjoy the rest of the week Elizabeth

Tom said...

...you must have a huge stash.

Christine said...

Good

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun!

Rita said...

I have never seen this balloon technique before! Thanks for sharing. :)

My name is Erika. said...

These paint blobs look like feathers.And I really like those 2 colors. I'm glad you gave this a second try. Hope it was a good day. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Interesting