Friday, February 2, 2024

Second on the 2nd: Empowering

 

Before I share my second look, I want to wish each of you (or is this strictly a U.S. event?) a wonderful Ground Hog Day.  Will Punxsutawney Phil see his shadow today?  Or will spring come early this year?  Only Phil can tell us, I guess!!

As many of you who frequent my blog know, whenever possible, I like my Second Look to somehow reflect what our current host at Art Journal Journey is featuring.  That means I had to look for something that reflected Keeping It Light, since that's what our current host Vicki from Stamped Smiles has chosen.  This was for a challenge from December, 2016 at Art Journal Journey.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg0td29j6Mtq0EH9vShxIXEZklbSnsL-_kqckvw-xhqg-nsk542yypUuhtgcrA5pLmLLY3JCKrSJ3v2SJ7j3c8jaWQxPMtVZfHrkkpdHvozG-Jlnp6blECNflS1rl8ej0-ZVZh29g/s1600/Empowering.jpg  I called it Empowering.  In true collage form, I created this from various magazine images and one travel brochure.  I began with a page from a travel brochure for the background, then combined the dress, light bulb, and shoes to create the light bulb lady.  I love color matches and when I found these shoes and socks that went well with the dress, I knew I had a winner!  Note I cut the legs off so she could fit on the page.  It changed the perspective, but I still like it.

I realize the face is a light bulb, but I hope that qualifies for joining Nicole and her Friday Face Off, too. 

Now it's time to share your own Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.


This post will only be good until 4 p.m. on Monday, February 5, so it's best to share your second look today.

 

16 thoughtful remarks:

Lisca said...

I love your journal page! I love the dress, the Northern European city, the title, everything! I’m glad you posted this as your second on the 2nd.
Hugs,
Lisca

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful art, have a great Friday, hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...Empowering is a great theme for the day.

My name is Erika. said...

Empowering is always a good thing. I hope this piece empowers your muse to get back into art. I love this piece. The light bulb makes such a cool head to go with the word empowering. Happy Feb. 2 hugs-Erika

Gene Black said...

It is certainly a fun collage.

Christine said...

Lovely

DVArtist said...

This beautiful and powerful piece absolutely qualifies for FFO. Thank you for sharing this, "brilliant" piece and have a lovely weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like how you created the bulb head. Such a fun page.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu N squigglez we wizh we could say...

phil, and hiz EN TIREZ familee NEVER wantz ta talk with uz !! hope everee onez doin grate !! :) ♥♥♥

Violetta said...

Dear ELizabeth,
I don´t think that we celebrate this day here with us. Nice picture. And my posted link is about one year ago and was posted then in my blog.
Have a good time...see you on T-day
Violetta

Fundy Blue said...

Fun collage, Elizabeth! I used to do more collages when I was a teacher. It's fun. I hope you are enjoying your day!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Love those shoes, they made me smile.

Jeanie said...

This must be an oldie, Elizabeth, because I don't remember it! It really does fit the theme!

Lowcarb team member said...

This looks great, such a fun collage.
Sending my good wishes to you for the month of February.

All the best Jan

Linda said...

Great collage! Fun to look at.

Sandra Cox said...

This was a fun one, Elizabeth, and so colorful.
How are you feeling?