Monday, January 8, 2024

T Stands For Spice Merchant, pt 11

 

For T today, we are once again back at The Spice Merchant.

These are random photos I took as I headed to the check out where I would get my monthly free pound of coffee.

 This time I was getting coffee for my next door neighbor's Christmas gift.  Like everything else in December, it was a tad late.

Popcorn, seasoning, and popcorn bowls.

I'd enjoy some chocolate glaze, but not necessarily on popcorn, even though that's what it was made for.

Biscuits (cookies) anyone?

I could use an umbrella today, but I doubt one would hold up to these blizzard winds and winter snow warnings flashing across the screen of every local TV station.

Random bowls and mugs.  They even have more bags.

I didn't take time to see what was in the boxes.


Nor did I check out the Celebrate Wichita.  This is what is left over after the huge Christmas rush.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.  I also hope to visit a tad faster this week.  Knock on wood!
 

 

 

29 thoughtful remarks:

Mae Travels said...

Your weather sounds bad. Ours is just blah — grey, no sun, short days, but just above freezing. We are back from Costa Rica for only two days and I really miss the colors!
Thanks for keeping us going with Tuesday sharing.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jenn Jilks said...

It's been dreary with someone weird on the way.
You had me at popcorn!

Carola Bartz said...

The cookie selection looks interesting. Do I see packages of Stroopwaffel on one of the shelves? There are also quite some cat mugs - and you didn't get one??? Have a lovely week, Elizabeth, and happy T day!

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Elizabeth, hope you are doing better! I m not visiting your party again, perhaps I will manage next week. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Violetta said...

This store is really amazing - so much things around. I wonder who should buy all these things...Happy T-day and a wonderful time
Violetta

Tom said...

...this store certainly is well stocked.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always enjoy my visits to the Spice Merchant with you :)

My good wishes.

All the best Jan

DVArtist said...

First, I don't know if you saw the comment I left on an older post. It was saying how sorry I am that you are in so much pain. I have had a candle going for you and sending healing energy. As for the Spice Merchant it should be on the Wichita website for tourist to come see. This place is amazing. Seriously, if I ever get there I am going to visit the SM. LOL I hope you are feeling better.

Christine said...

Nice selections today

peppylady (Dora) said...

Not sure where our closes spice store would be. There a few places they sell in bulk.

Halle said...

We are getting snow today...and tomorrow...and the next. Then the bottom is going to fall out for temps. I see below zero HIGH temps in our near future.
I'm always in awe of that Spice Merchant store. It looks like it would be really fun to explore.
Happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

I'm sure the Spice Merchant was pretty picked over after the holiday shopping. Popcorn with chocolate on it is yummy. actually, many things are better with chocolate. I hope you didn't get too dumped on with snow, but I saw this storm is/was in your area today. It's coming our way tomorrow night, snow and then lots of rain. I bet it will also be a big mess. And I also hope you have a fantastic T day. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Oh! Picture #3 & #5 have Gurri-bowls!!!!
Gack to the weather, yours is like ours, COLD! Poor Ingo sure had to defrost his car (he gets up at 04:00 am to avoid the traffic, I slept in till 05:00 , it´s 17F... brrrr)

Elephant's Child said...

That looks like a place I could happily visit time and time again. And would probably weaken and buy something on each visit.
I hope you are feeling better dear Elizabeth. Stay safe, stay warm.

Cloudia said...

Even rainy in Honolulu today! Extra fun to come to this cozy party on a day like that! Aloha!
Feel better dear

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I think you can buy almost EVERYTHING in this store ;-DD
I wish you and everyone you love (humans and animals) a happy, healthy and peaceful New Year 🍄🍀!
All the best, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/rostrosen-weihnachten-2023-tiergarten.html

Lisca said...

What a wonderful store. I love those bowls. And I spotted some car mugs. It would take a lot of will power and self control for me to walk through this store and not buy anything other than my coffee.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Empire of the Cat said...

I also spotted the cat mugs lol. You say you could never give up caffeine or dairy and yet I used to feel the same way and did just that. I'm not saying it's easy but I feel better for it. Happy T Day! Elle xx

CJ Kennedy said...

In one of those boxes looks like a very cute white kitty mug. You are getting slammed again with snow. Stay warm and safe.

kathyinozarks said...

this is such an awesome store with all sorts of fun things to find.
No snow here instead lots of rain and the temps will dropping allot this week.
stay warm hugs Kathy

Let's Art Journal said...

So many wonderful things to see and buy at the Spice Merchants, it looks like a fabulous shop 😊. I hope you are doing better and are keeping warm with the snow. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
I now have a little more time to leave you a more detailed comment than I did this morning. I really want to thank you for your two “copy and paste” comments. OMG, you experienced a lot during the holidays and beyond! I'm so sorry that you had to freeze due to a power outage and I'm sure you had many other inconveniences. I usually only know shorter periods without power (apart from the one 17-hour power outage I already mentioned in my blog), and I find even those unpleasant. Luckily the power is now back on!

I would also like to thank you for taking the trouble to leave me nice lines about my previous post, despite your eye problems!
What you wrote about the medical care and the “little helpers” didn’t sound particularly pleasant either. I really hope your eye is feeling better now? It honestly wasn't an easy time for you - I wish you all the more that things go up from now on!

All the best again for 2024 🍄🍀,
Hugs Traude Rostrose

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Free coffee? Sounds good to me!

I'm always a bit late getting everything done. I still have my sister's gift in the trunk of my car.

Rita said...

How do you get a free pound of coffee every month? Does everybody get a free pound of coffee?

Jeanie said...

You'd think from the name it would be all spices and such and with every post I'm amazed at the diversity of things here.

Sandra Cox said...

Looks like you could spend all kinds of fun time in there.

Sami said...

Happy New Year to you Elizabeth.
It looks like a great store with a lot of variety.
Hope the storms aren't too bad in your area. Keep safe

Divers and Sundry said...

Today I'm liking those pretty bowls :)

Yesterday I found out The Husband had been exposed to covid the day before. I had to look up what the current guidelines are. I missed T completely :(

mamapez5 said...

Hi Elizabeth. I do not follow the T-posts but I thought I'd just pop in to see you are OK. I have missed seeing your name at Friday Smiles. But I see you are posting onhere so I guess you are fine, and maybe have decided to bow out of the Friday posts, so no worry. Keep warm and well this winter. Kate x