Monday, January 15, 2024

T Stands For More Cards and Gifts

 

 We are meeting today at my dining room table.  You can tell I've packed my trees away by now.

I believe I have the very last of my cards and gifts for this year (oops, that should be 2023)!

I'm showing them in the order in which I received them.  That means this one is first.  Had it not been for Carola last week, I would not have known who sent this.  The postage stamps are fabulous.  

https://shop.royalmail.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3541af23d7a0b2cd4fd132ad21fe3039/a/s/as8600bhs-1-cats-half-30x2nd-class.jpgFor some reason, I thought there were more cats represented, but I believe I have both stamps.  These were issued in 2022 and are second class stamps (but first class kitties!).

I know Royal Mail is no longer showing the Queen through the years, but the one Carola got from 1980 was one I had not seen before.

After hours of searching through tons of stamps, I finally found this set.  The stamps should have told me who sent this card, but I didn't put it together until Carola revealed who sent two different cards to her.

Unfortunately, I covered two of the stars stamped on the front.  I also covered some of the washi tape from the front, too. 

If you still aren't sure who sent this adorable card, it is Elle (aka eotc).  I absolutely LOVE this card.  It may have been stamped, but she put a LOT of time and effort into personalizing it with the white dots.  I love it.  
 
The inside of the card is here.

Of course, the back is stamped with Elle's famous black cat.
 
My second gift is from dear, sweet, far too generous, Caty in Spain.  She has sent me many gifts over the years and I don't deserve a single one of them.

The postage stamps are also beautiful.

I decided to rotate the photo so you could see the stamps better. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it in the stamps from Spain, but it might have something to do with the150th anniversary of something or someone famous.

These are all the beauties with which Caty blessed me.  Note the invitation to tea and Rose TEA TIME.  Perfect for T this week!

I decided if Caty took all that time filling the bag with goodies, the least I can do is share them with everyone.

I was especially interested in the postage stamps depicting King Juan Carlos.  

According to Britannica, King Juan Carlos was:
king of Spain from 1975 to 2014. He acceded to the Spanish throne two days after the death of Francisco Franco. Juan Carlos was instrumental in Spain’s peaceful transition to democracy.
Various stamps honoring King Carlos.

Thank you beyond belief, Caty for your more than generous gifts.  I am truly touched and grateful.

Finally, something I picked up at The Spice Merchant when I was there a few days ago.  I'm sure CJ will know what this is.  It's a battery powered frother to froth my half and half in my coffee.  All I need are two AAA batteries to make it work.  Sadly I will need to buy these batteries, since I only have AA.
 
Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.









27 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...how wonderful to get 1st Class mail!

Valerie-Jael said...

You have lots of wonderful gifts and cards again, enjoy! I have one of those milk frothers, too, but mine has an usb connection so it doesn't need batteries. I rarely use it as I have a large electric jug which froths my milk for me each morning, and sometimes in the afternoon. Have a happy T day, Valerie

Valerie-Jael said...

You have lots of wonderful gifts and cards again, enjoy! I have one of those milk frothers, too, but mine has an usb connection so it doesn't need batteries. I rarely use it as I have a large electric jug which froths my milk for me each morning, and sometimes in the afternoon. Have a happy T day, Valerie

DVArtist said...

You are so loved with all the gifts and cards you received this year. Well deserved. I don't know that I would use a frother but what a fun gadget to have. Hope you are warm and feeling well.

My name is Erika. said...

I agree with Nicole. You are really loved by your blog friends. And Caty included some great bit and pieces. They look like her too. Colorful and fun that is. And that is an interesting new tool. I hope you share how it works. I'm not a coffee or even tea froth drinker, but I'm curious to see how it works. Have a super T day my friend. Hugs-Erika

Cloudia said...

You've got quite a sweet party going here!

CJ Kennedy said...

Such beautiful goodies especially the cats. A frother is such a decadent and wonderful tool. I have one and love it especially to make a London Fog. Happy T Day

Iris Flavia said...

The stamps are plain wonderful!!! You must feel like a Queen :-)
To blogger-friends! Have a wonderful T-Day (I missed you all week!).

Elephant's Child said...

Definitely first class kitties - and stamps and cards.

Christine said...

Lovely cards

Lisca said...

Lots of beautiful cards and stamps. I love those QEII stamps.
The spanish stamps celebrate the 150th anniversary of the birth of Vicente Blasco Ibáñez (Spanish pronunciation: [biˈθente ˈβlaskojˈβaɲeθ], 29 January 1867 – 28 January 1928) He was a journalist, politician and bestselling Spanish novelist in various genres whose most widespread and lasting fame in the English-speaking world is from Hollywood films that were adapted from his works. You can find more info on Wikipedia.
Happy T-Day,
Lisca

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
The mail brought you wonderful and lovingly designed things - I'm so happy for you! I am particularly impressed by the many stamps. When I was a child, I received my big brother's stamp collection, which he had also started as a child. Unfortunately, when I grew up, I got rid of the stamps - today I would like them (and I'm sure you would too...)
Warm rust rose greetings and all the best, Traude 😊
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/servus-ihr-lieben-ich-danke-euch-fur.html

Mae Travels said...

You have showed us such a wealth of presents! Good to see.
Thanks for hosting every Tuesday.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you have so many fabulous cards and gifts! There are lots of goodies to use on your pages and those postage stamps are beautiful 😊. Your new gadget is perfect for your coffees, hope to see it in action when you get some batteries. Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

da tabbies o trout towne said...

what an awesome collection of cards, stamps, and gifts !

and wavez two ewe bleu and squiggles, hope everee onez
stayin toastee warm out yur way 🥶🥶💙🐟‼️

happee wee a head😺

Violetta said...

Oh, it is still christmas at you. Wonderful cards and wonderful stamps. Yes we have to say goodbye to the Queen´s pictures, that we´ve been used to since I can remember. And happy T-day dear Elizabeth
all the best
Violetta

Jeanie said...

Those stamps are the absolute best. I don't know which I love most -- the cats or the Queen! Either way, they're terrific.

Divers and Sundry said...

Real mail! What a treat :)

Rita said...

Happy mail is always a treat! Especially international Happy Mail! :)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great gifts and stamps - all so well deserved. The frother you bought is the same as one of Tony's favourite gadgets! Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

Debra said...

Such lovely gifts and you have displayed them beautifully!

Sandra Cox said...

Ooh. Ooh. Love the frother, stamps, cards and goodies.
Stay warm.

Barwitzki said...

I think – you are particularly nice
with so many great cards and little gifts.
These stamps are great. I am completely overwhelmed.
Warm greetings to you.
p.s. Frothers are wonderful... I used to have this stick frother too.

Halle said...

Those milk frothers are pretty cool. We had one until it died...and not just the batteries.
Lovely gifts and cards. Sorry I never got any cards out this year. Our mailman was the only person to get a card. Seriously! He works so hard.

Empire of the Cat said...

So glad the card finally arrived. I was worried when you said last week that you never got one, mail seems to take a while to reach you. The cat stamps have different cats for the different class of postage - there are two other cats on the first class stamps and then other cats on the higher value stamps. Happy mail is always good. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Lowcarb team member said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely cards.
Enjoy using your frother once you have the correct batteries.

All the best Jan

Sharon Madson said...

Hello, Elizabeth. I stopped by to see if you are better? You really don’t say. Looks like a full party. Maybe I will get back soon to my blogging. Except, now, hubby has to have some oral surgery and fitting’s etcetera for new teeth. We don’t know yet how extensive that work might be yet, only know it will be expensive! Hope you are feeling better. Hugs.