Monday, January 22, 2024

T Stands For College Hill Deli

 

It's time for T, so please come along for the ride.

After a fun day out, my friend Scott and I realized we were both hungry.  Scott had a place in mind he knew I would like.  But first, we had to get there.

We drove by the now closed Pop-up Park.  Note to self: check out that mural on the side of that building.

It was definitely dusk as we drove through downtown Wichita.

As we drove, I snapped photos of art and sculptures for which our downtown is famous.

OOPS, looks like I missed the sculpture I was trying to capture.

It was so cold, I forgot to get a photo of the College Hill Deli, the restaurant Scott chose.  Here he is holding the menu.  

I ordered a hummus and tabbouleh appetizer for us to share.  Scott ordered the soup of the day, which turned out to be cheesy tomato.
 
I ordered the Mediterranean vegan delight and the fattoush salad.  Scott ordered a Bierock Pie to go with his soup.

Scott had coffee and I chose water with lemon.  We hadn't finished our appetizers when the sandwiches arrived.

 Scott was blowing on his tomato soup when he realized the cheese was stringing from the bowl.



That's when I kept clicking my camera because it was so funny to see that incredible tomato soup that looked like no other tomato soup I have ever seen before.

Now it's time to share your own drink related post, please.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.




I realize we have another week of T Tuesday before the end of the month, but this will give you even extra time to dig up your Second on the 2nd.   The rules are quite simple.  You can use any post, any length, any genre, as long as it's been published sometime in the past.

 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Glad you had a fun time out with Scott even if it was so cold.Melted cheese is sometimes hard to transfer from the dish to the mouth, but I am sure he managed it in the end! Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

All those dishes look really appetizing. I am a big fan of tomato soup, and I find it amazing that so many cuisines have their own version of it. I can’t quite see what’s in Scott’s pie, but I am very curious about it. So I googled and found the menu, and it looks delicious, with beef and spices.

Thanks for hosting every Monday/Tuesday.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...the cheese would stick to my beard!

Carola Bartz said...

Your food looks excellent - I love Mediterranean food and would probably have chosen Baba Ganouj as an appetizer and the same entree as you did. I'm glad you had a fun day out! Happy T day, dear Elizabeth.

Violetta said...

Seems that it tasted good, dear Elizabeth. I think you have a fine T-day. Sadly one cannot taste this things on the PC. Have a good time and all the best
Violetta

CJ Kennedy said...

So many delicious choices. I think I would have ordered the gyro. Good food and good company. It doesn't get any better than that. Happy T Day

Cloudia said...

A good neighborhood Deli is worth its weight in coleslaw and pastrami! You are lucky indeed I enjoyed your photos today hope you find the drink in my post Aloha

Sharon Madson said...

You are introducing me to another place I didn't know about! The food looks good. We will have to try it. That neighborhood is where my husband grew up. 70 years ago! LOL
Happy T day, Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

That food looks delicious. I think Scott picked a great place for lunch. Is College Hill an area of Wichita or is it an area where there's a college? And it's good to see you had a fun day out. I hope that helps you feel more like yourself quicker too. Have a great T day Elizabeth. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

Oh I love seeing your city. I was in Wichita in the late 90s. I really liked being there. What a great place to eat. The food look amazing and the prices are so good. Glad you had a day out with Scott.

Amila said...

It seems like a great restaurant. Glad to hear that it was a fun day out with Scott. It is interesting to see all these photos from your city. Looks like a peaceful area.
Thanks for sharing.Happy T Tuesday!

Christine said...

Nice lunch, happy T!

Rita said...

That was definitely some stringy, cheesy, tomato soup! :)

Iris Flavia said...

That sounds like a very fun day out, but, really, Elizabeth!!! You made me so hungry and it´s only shortly after 05:00 a.m.!
At least I have cheese in the house, happy T-Day!

Elephant's Child said...

It looks like Scott chose well - and your meal sounded like something I would choose too.

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, I'm buzy at the moment, I'll get in touch later!
Hugs, Traude

Lisca said...

Sounds like you enjoyed a nice day out with Scott. Thank you for taking me through downtown Wichita.
The restaurant menu looks great. I think I would eat there too. It’s my sort of place. I like your choice.
Scott struggling with the melted cheese made me smile. I personally love melted cheese ( never mind the mess), but my father hated it. He loved cheese but melted cheese he probably had bad experience with and wouldn’t eat it. I like to put cheese on food, especially if oven cooked. I would always have to leave one part uncovered by cheese if my dad was expected to join us.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what a fab place to eat! The food looks so fresh and delicious - yum 😊. It sounds like you had a wonderful day out with Scott and I love seeing all the Wichita sights, it looks like a lovely place and so clean; thanks for sharing ❤️. Happy T Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! The food your chose does look delicious and although looking at the menu there is too much beef on there for me, I can see some choices that would suit! It looks like a nice airy place! Happy Day,Chrisx

jinxxxygirl said...

I hate when i don't have time to enjoy my appetizers... Food looks yummy though. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb

Divers and Sundry said...

The menu looks good. I'd have trouble deciding. I might pick the chicken shawarma... Y'all's food looks delicious. Great restaurant choice!

Happy T Tuesday!

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, it certainly looks like you and Scott had a nice day! 😊 The food at the deli looks like pretty big portions and the tomato soup is actually very special. Reminds me a bit of French onion soup, they also have cheese that stretches from the soup bowl to the mouth ;-) Anyway, I hope the food was tasty!
All the best from Austria!
Hugs, Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2024/01/vogel-im-winter-tutanchamun-und-eine.html
💋😘💋

Jeanie said...

That looks like a terrific day -- and a wonderful lunch all around. I love a cheesey tomato soup!

Lowcarb team member said...

Certainly looks and sounds a fun, and enjoyable, day out.
I think your food looks very tasty.

All the best Jan

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post