Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Robins

 

This will be my penultimate entry for Jo's theme, which is Nature at Art Journal Journey.

I named this spread Robins for obvious reasons.  And because these robins have faces, I will be joining Nicole's Friday Face Off later tonight. 
 
Now for a few detail images.
 




I started with a sheet of blue scrapbook paper and added painted bubble wrap to the background.  I had these two  postage stamps from Hong Kong and finally found a use for them.  Technically, they are not robins, but they look close to it.  I layered various papers to the background and laid them over more scrap paper.  I was trying to get rid of the extra disparate pieces I had accumulated over the past few months.  

Bleubeard and I are so very pleased you joined us and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey as you share your own interpretation of Nature.   Please also join Bleubeard and me at Friday Face Off.

 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Just beautiful. Again. I really admire your creativity.

Tom said...

...we have had robins looking for worms, but now we have snow.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning, Loving your journal page

Divers and Sundry said...

Robins are a favorite year 'round here :)

Jeanie said...

I do love a robin! This is a lovely composition, Elizabeth.

DVArtist said...

Ohhh those Robins are so lovely. I get a few here in the spring and I love watching them. Have a nice day today and thank you for joining FFO.

Christine said...

Lovely

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this layered background and of course I love those little birds! Just realised I haven't linked my latest page!, hugs Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

I like the painted bubble wrap effect as well as those fun papers you used. I like papers with lists of numbers or words on them. And of course those birds are pretty, and isn't it great to find a use for something you've been hanging onto? hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

And now I'm wishing for Spring.

Let's Art Journal said...

Another gorgeous page! I love the background colour and softness of the design - beautiful ☺️. Thanks so much for inspiring us at AJJ! Hugs, Jo x

Tom said...

...robins are still hanging around our yard!

Gene Black said...

Bubble wrap is one of my favorite "art supplies."

Debra She Who Seeks said...

A beautiful robin collage! Now that I think of it, I didn't see too many robins around this summer. Maybe I just wasn't in the right places at the right times.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Mostly for birds we have is wild turkeys
Coffee is on.