Sunday, November 5, 2023

Monday Murals: Poster 5

 

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 10:01 a.m. my time today.  

This poster is really vibrant, but the lighting nearly obliterated the bottle.

I would have moved had I noticed the glare before I downloaded the photo.  The  good news is, I did an internet search for Fap'Anis and found this poster.  It is circa 1920, French, a lithograph, and costs a mere $1100.00 (USD) for a poster that same size.  This is found inside the tea shop at The Spice Merchant located at 1308 E Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

That is such a fun poster. I do hope you are starting to feel much, much better.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful lady! Cheers! Didn´t think the 1920´s were THAT wild! ;-)

And to my last post you read:
Lille stands simply for "little", see, like "brolly" for umbrella or "Maccas" for McDonald´s.
The video is from Facebook, I´m sorry you couldn´t see it (more to come as I need them as cooking-help).
This was "just" a bus driver throwing out people who acted mean against an elderly lady. He puts up a sign "out of service", before the lady can get off he closes the doors and invites her to sit down and drives off.

Mae Travels said...

Another neat vintage poster! The price you found is for the original antique poster, properly preserved, but I also found a reproduction on amazon.com for $14.99 — and there are different prices for various sizes elsewhere. Personally, I’d go for the reproduction — I suspect that’s what’s hanging in your beautiful and interesting shop.

I hope you had an enjoyable trip away from home yesterday.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...she is so fashionable.

My name is Erika. said...

They have quite the collection of old posters in the Spice Merchant, don't they? I'm not sure I like this one quite as much as the others you've shown, but I do love how many of them are in blue and orange. Happy Sunday. Hope it's been a good weekend, especially your trip. hugs-Erika

Jenn Jilks said...

Nice find.

Rita said...

I hope theirs are just reproductions.
They are all very colorful and lively.

Christine said...

Beautiful!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

sneekin bye witha soooper quik HI two ewe bleu N squiggles and "E".....hope yur weekz grate !! ♥♥♥

CJ Kennedy said...

Fun poster. Love those colors

Cloudia said...

La Belle Epoch!

Marja said...

Great poster It seems huge and will really create a great atmosphere. The colours are great as well

magiceye said...

Cheers to a vibrant poster!

Sami said...

Great poster Elizabeth. Quite an expensive one too...
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

s.c said...

A great ad. Thanks for showing us.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I am sure that you ordered two! My birthday is in February; I will be checking the mail!!

Rain said...

That's a neat mural!

Jackie McGuinness said...

I also love the blue and orange! Our last kitchen was done in blue and orange (ochre) and I would have bought these reproductions!

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun poster! Looks like she's enjoying herself.

Barwitzki said...

Great poster...we had a big market at the weekend with a booth that had lots poster...you would have felt very comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture... if I had known...
Hug
Thanks.

dee Nambiar said...

That's a nice poster. Vibrant indeed.
And that drink 'would' get my attention. :D


Have a lovely week, Elizabeth. :)