Tuesday, October 10, 2023

What's On Your Workdesk this 749th Wednesday? Rework

 

It's Wednesday, which means it's time to join my dear friend and head desker Julia at Stamping Ground for the latest edition of What's On Your Workdesk, Wednesday, or as most know, WOYWW for short.   

Before I begin, I want to express my sincere sorrow and concern over the state of affairs in Israel. I am simply appalled by Hamas and the war crimes they have and are committing.

I'll get the obligatory rocking horse out of the way first.  Seems I cut off part of the horse's head and ear.  It's supposed to be a key holder, but has now turned into a holder of junk as well as keys.

It seems to fit in OK in my white/blue/copper kitchen.  And of course, the keys are all spares.  Not sure which cat will need the cat collar first, but at least I have a spare.

Last week I forgot to show I had repaired the scale.  In my haste to show the Sunbonnet Sue quilt, I completely forgot my repair.

Please forgive the shadows.  It's late and nearly time to publish, so I apologize for the lighting.

Apparently I'm not the first person who needed to replace one of these 9 volt battery connectors.  I had no trouble finding a kit to repair the assembly.  It included everything except the solder.  It must be a universal problem.  A little solder and the job was complete.

Now I'm all set to weigh my packages and letters again.

Thanks for stopping by my craft room table today.  Please join me at Julia's, where you will meet the kindest, most generous bloggers in the world.  I know it's true, too.


27 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Yes, all the darn wars... it will never end.
I like your horse, quite a helper, but ohhhh, the poor scale looks so used I bet it hoped for retirement ;-)

Helen said...

well done on your repair. I fear I would have gone for a replacement...Happy WOYWW Helen #4

Sarah Brennan said...

Well done with the repair Elizabeth and love the really useful rocking horse today. Stay safe and Happy WOYWW. Sarah #1

Elephant's Child said...

Well done on the repair. I often struggle. And I finally posted your magnet today - I hope it doesn't take toooo long to arrive.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

I'm with you on the Hamas atrocities Elizabeth, praying for all. Very sad. I love your rocking horse and it's homey spot... well done on repair I'm most impressed.
Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you and happy WOYWW.
Prayer hugs, Shaz in Oz.X

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Ali Wade Designs said...

Happy WOYWW. Well done for the repair - and soldering! I have never attempted anything like that. Ali x #11

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I can never understand why people cannot come to a sensible agreement and stop such misery. Wars are such a waste of life and money. However, I am loving the little rocking horse. The scales look interesting, I've never seen any like that before. Take care and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x13x

Neet said...

War crimes seem to be what these nasty greedy people thrive on these days (thinking Ukraine over past year too). If only something could be done to stop it all.
Love your key holder rocking horse. Is that a cupboard door? I notice all the beakers hanging there.
Have a good week with your boys,
Hugs, Neet 9 xxx

Annie said...

Fab horse today and well done you for repairing the scales.
Hugs,
Annie x #10

Crafting With Jack said...

Totally agree with your sentiment. We were appalled too. I pray the hostages will be returned safely, they must be terrified.
Love the useful rocking horse. I am impressed with your repair, especially with the soldering bit, well done! Happy WOYWW. Angela #14

Christine said...

Wonderful job on the scales, I wouldn't know where to start . . .
Enjoy your week
Christine #17

Valerie-Jael said...

My bathroom scales is broken, perhaps I should look inside and see if something is loose or broken off.
Yes, the situation in Israel is awful, I have no idea how my family is doing. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...peace be with you, pass it on.

Jeanie said...

This reminds me that I have to get a new battery for my kitchen scale when I get home It's a funky size and I have to go to the battery store for it, which is uber-annoying! Your junk area is far cleaner than mine!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

It's always a great day when you can repair whatever's not working !! I've been blessed with that trait thanks to my Dad Great use of your rocking horse. Enjoy the WOYWW day and all of this week. Time seems to FLY by.

Lynnecrafts said...

Well done with your repair. I’m always glad to see that rather than throwing usable things away. I’m appalled by the war crimes of both Hamas and IDF. .
Take care and happy WOYWW
Hugs

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love the fact that you repaired the scales! There is a very popular programme on UK tv called The Repair Shop where people take in old items that need fixing. It’s just like when I was young, things were always tried to be fixed first, I really detest the built in obsolescence of tech nowadays. I’m also impressed that you can keep collars on your cats, I never succeeded with mine.
I despair at the rise of extremism of any form around the world, the news is profoundly upsetting.
Hugs LLJ 15 xxx

Rita said...

I have a small scale I use for letters and packages and it has been going for years and years--since before I moved here over 8 years ago. You made me realize I have never even changed the battery in it. I don't even know where to change that--and here you repaired yours--lol! Congrats!! Wow! :)

Sandra Cox said...

Good on you for fixing your scales.
It's unnerving the way wars are breaking out all over the world, isn't it?

Christine said...

Well done

My name is Erika. said...

I'm interested in those mugs you have hanging near you key holder. Do I see a pig and cow? And hurrah for the scale being fixed. :) Hope you're having a good week. hugs-Erika

Susan Renshaw said...

Are those mugs pictures of the Zodiac? Well done on mending the scales - very enterprising!
Happy WOYWW! Susan #5

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

It always feels so good to fix something rather than have to get rid of it!! And to solder no less! Good for you!! Your rocking horse looks really full! It is frightening to know that atrocities from terrorists are on the rise in Israel in a full out war, Ukraine in a full out war and their are signs that Hamas has tons of sympathizers in the US , Australia, and Europe. Scary.

Julia Dunnit said...

Oh well done, am a big fan of electronic scales so understand why you would be keen and happy to repair! I,like the key holder, it is full and utterly like the one that my sweet Ma In Law uses...full up with spare keys (loads of which 8m sure we won't be able to find locks for..) and various hangy bits...although I'm confident there's no spare cat collar. Funny isn't it..if you out that collar anywhere else now, you would never find it!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done on the repair.
Happy WOYWW.

All the best Jan

Lindart said...

Sorry I'm so late this week! Along with the Mammogram on Wednesday, we got our Covid and flu boosters yesterday, so my arm is rather sore! Yes, it is shocking and very sad at what is happening in Israel. So many innocent people killed and injured. Maybe it should just be the leaders who get together and shoot at each other.
Good for you on the repair! I would have just chucked it! I used to use those quick release collars on Inky, but after she lost 7 of them, she is now wearing a regular buckled one, with a bit of elastic, and she wears it loose, so that it will come off if she really needs it to! Mittsy wears the same kind. They are now wearing out so I think they will be getting new collars for Christmas! Have a great day, Lindart #19

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm soooo late! But then, I usually am! Good going on the repapir...I don't have solda and I think the welder in Johns work shop would be a little bit over the top!! Love the rocking horse, you must have thousands!! And as for the war crimes, there are no words. They must realise they are not only distroying a country but the world and that, I'm sure will fight back...by that time there will be no one left to see it..Keep on 'altering!' Happy very late WOYWW!? ((Lyn)) #21 (although it was 16 at one time!)