Monday, October 9, 2023

T Stands For Happy Mail and another trip to the Spice Merchant.

 

Just when I thought Blogger had turned nice, I am now once again getting "Failed to Publish" notices.  If your comments are embedded, I will NOT be able to leave a comment until Blogger decides to play nice again.  If you are not on Blogger, I can leave comments.

 Today we are first meeting in my dining room.

I have cut this bouquet of autumn sunflowers.  They always bloom the last week of September or the first week of October.  The stalks are over 10 feet (3.048 meters) tall.  

Before we head to The Spice Merchant, I wanted to share a postcard I received on Friday.  It's a movie poster depicting Call of the Yukon.  It's fabulous.  I love it.

You can see it came from my dear friend Jackie of Junk Boat Travels.  In case you need a translation:
Yukon is lovely!  Whitehorse is a great little city.
Panning for gold is hard work.  I'm not cut out to be a prospector!
Jackie told me she sent both postcards at the same time.  It's surprising that the second one took so much longer to reach me.

Jackie positioned the postage stamp further down the card than before, so the horrible lines were at a minimum this time.  Thank you beyond belief, Jackie.  This meant and means so much to me, even if it took its sweet time getting to me.

Now let's head to The Spice Merchant for a short visit.

Let's check out their snacks, like licorice.

Lot's of goodies like chocolate cake and cookies.

Maybe even lady fingers.

Of course, I have to show at least one mug.  Here are multiples of mugs and a few bowls, too.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants.




 

25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy T Day, have a great week, take care!

Jeanie said...

What a terrific graphic on the postcard! And I'd love to go to spice Merchant with you!

Tom said...

...I have embedded comments you comment show up on my dashboard and I appreciate each and everyone of them. I believe that Blogger singles out people who leave a number of comments as spammers. It's how their algorithms work.

Elephant's Child said...

Happy T Day. I would love to visit the Spice Merchant with you.
This morning blessed blogger refused to allow me to respond to comments on my own blog (including yours). I foiled it (temporarily) by changing browsers.

Mae Travels said...

As always the Spice Merchant looks like it’s full of tempting things. I didn’t have a drink in my post today, so no link.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

I always enjoy your visits to the Spice Merchant. Those cookies are sure tempting, I love Walker shortbread. Have a happy T day!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice happy mail. And Jackie was smart the way she placed her stamp. And I am happy the Spice Merchant is not in my area. I would be in trouble otherwise. Grin. Those smiley face muds along with several of the others look very tempting and would look nice on my mug shelf in my kitchen. Hee-hee. Thanks for sharing. And happy T day. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Blogger can be temperamental. Sorry you are having issues. Love all the goodies at the spice merchant and the lovely postcard.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Rita said...

I always want to wander there when you show pictures. :)

DVArtist said...

I love this place. I wish I could drop by and we could go together to visit and shop of course. Have a really nice evening.

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, the sunflowers! And the card, very cool.
That licorice-stand would be super-dangerous to me!
Have a happy T-Day, dear host (p.s. I even could comment on a blog I wasn´t able to for a long time via opera!).

Lisca said...

Im out and about today, I’ll comment tonight.

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, I've noticed some more blogger issues. Crikey, you'd think they could get it together. Mind you, it is silly when we consider it is a 'free' service. They are making money off us elsewhere, though.

Divers and Sundry said...

I can leave comments on some but not others. Odd. I hope it gets fixed soon.

I think that shop looks like a fun place to shop, even if I never bought anything. Pretty mugs! Happy T Tuesday!

CJ Kennedy said...

I'll take one of each of all the treats and maybe a couple of more licorice cats. Happy T Day

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, this postcard is really great - so nostalgic and a fantastic stamp! The bouquet of flowers is also pretty and goes well with the placemat.
I was happy to accompany you to the Spice Merchant, even though I rarely eat cookies and NEVER licorice (I can't stand the taste). Based on the name, I would have expected more spices and not cookies or snacks. I like the cups and bowls, they are so colorful!
Hopefully you're feeling better now. I'm sorry that your body reacts so violently to changes in the weather. Our weather has also changed and my husband and I always get headaches, but luckily the rest of our body behaves "normally" ;-)
Hugs and happy T-day
Traude
🍁🌻🍂 🌻🍁
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/10/straenkunst-und-gartenlust.html

Violetta said...

Oh looks like the old Searchers Hit "Sweets For My Sweet" There is a lot of choice---what could one take---for all you will get a bad stomach....
All the best
Violetta

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth, you can take me back to the Spice Merchant as many times as you like - so many beautiful things to look at!
Love the postcard and so pleased the postmark didn't mess up the stamp,
Happy T Day, Chrisxx

Christine said...

Nice store

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful happy mail and I so enjoyed looking around the store, such fun 😊. Take care and happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Spyder said...

Sorry I'm soooo late again, but I do like to join in...even though my food is really boring! I love those mugs, if I was there I would have to buy at least two! Nearly time to get my Christmasy mugs out. I can't remember any of them expect the snowman and the one that had a pocket for a cookie....not chocolate though, because it would melt. Enjoy all your happy maiL Happy T for Tuesday; ((Lyn)xxx

Empire of the Cat said...

How strange to see Walkers Shortbread on the shelf! Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Violetta said...

A really great postcard. Yukon seems to be very interesting. It is very unsure that I ever will get there. This spice merchant has a wide range of nice products. Happy T-day
All the best
Violetta