Sunday, October 15, 2023

Monday Murals: another poster

 

I'm still getting the occasional "Failed to Publish" messages that are on blogs with embedded comments.  It is so random, but I will try until my comment finally publishes.

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

I realize the lighting is horrible, but I hope you can see how large this poster is.  This is the second in the series of amazing posters under glass.  See here if you missed last week's poster.  I used two different translation tools, but neither worked, so I have no idea what the drink is the devil is holding.  This is found inside the tea shop at The Spice Merchant located at 1308 E Douglas, Wichita, Kansas (USA).
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Great poster - but I am not tempted to try that drink.

Tom said...

...things under glass are difficult to photograph. You made the best of a bad situation.

My name is Erika. said...

This guy has great color and is even perfect for October/Halloween with his devilish grin. Of course he is a devil-smile. Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Wee, he looks like some "bad" fun!
But what counts is FUN!
I think "PUY" is but his name. Nice thought to name a.. "a"!! devil (bet there are many around).
PUY seems to be a fun one, cheers!

Christine said...

The poster is very seasonal! Thanks for letting me know I didn't have comments turned on for my post today!

CJ Kennedy said...

Cool poster

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice poster, I saw it hanging in a lot of pubs when I was in France back when. But not something I would drink! Hugs, Valerie

Jenn Jilks said...

It is a popular poster!
"Maurin Quina is a French apéritif advertisement painted by Leonetto Cappiello in 1906. It is perhaps Cappiello's most famous poster. The image features a devilish figure sneakily de-corking the bottle; Cappiello used "infernal imagery" in several of his posters for alcohol."

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu N squiggles...we gotta fast quik minit two say HI, and heerz two an AWESUM weekz a head !!! :) ♥♥

Marja said...

It sure is an eye catcher. That drink must have a bit of a sting to it lol Cool poster

kathyinozarks said...

i like it

Mae Travels said...

Google says that Maurin Quina "has a delicate red hue, and bright cherry flavor with a quinine backbone. The subtle wine base elevates an array of wild cherry, with light lemon and almond notes." As other commenters noted -- that poster is very famous. Le Puy is a place in France.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

magiceye said...

Interesting poster specially for those who can't understand the language!

Jackie McGuinness said...

My guess was absinthe!

Sami said...

I found this for you Elizabeth: https://spiritsoffrance.com.au/products/maurin-quina-le-puy-aperitif-16-1000ml
Not sure I would buy the drink with a devil advertising it though, lol.
Thanks for participating in Monday Murals Elizabeth.

Rain said...

Oh I love that image Elizabeth!

Divers and Sundry said...

I have also been having some trouble commenting. I tried using Chrome instead of Firefox and that worked for me.

Jeanie said...

That looks a tad sinister!