Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Please take me with you

 

I am not feeling well, so decided to skip What's On Your Workdesk this Wedneday.  Instead, I am going to try to rest and play catch up with all the lovely art I've missed at Art Journal Journey.  I also want to share another entry for Elle's theme, which is Books, Cats, Tea.

Please take me with you.  When I saw this calendar page, I was reminded of the kittens I saw at the Humane Society where I adopted Squiggles.  They all had that pleading look on their faces, hoping I would choose one of them.  Here are a few detail shots.





I adhered this spread, part of a calendar using a glue stick.  I created it in my Cats altered book.  I noticed all the leaves on the page and decided to create a few of my own from my stash.  I also ran brown dye ink around the outside of the pages.

If you have room in your heart and your home to adopt a cat, dog, or other animal from your humane society, I highly recommend doing so.  When I adopted Squiggles, he had a microchip and had been neutered.  He was also sandbox trained, something important to me (after the mess I had with Bleubeard).  Bleubeard doesn't have a microchip, but he has an ID tag on his breakaway collar.  I paid a fortune to have Bleubeard neutered and the entire service was already performed for Squiggles, who was six weeks and three days old when I adopted him.  

Don't go to your humane society to just look around.  You will never be able to leave without a new pet who is looking for a forever home, just like I envision this kitten in the basket is hoping for.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard, Squiggles, and me today.  We are grateful you stopped by.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your take on Books, Cats, and/or Tea.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Tom said...

...be well Elizabeth. I just spent a night in the emergency room.

kathyinozarks said...

Hoping you feel better soon Elizabeth
Lovely page and message at our ages now we decided not to adopt a furry family member again but we really miss our kitty Miss Calico and wolf Nikita very much

Valerie-Jael said...

Hope you soon feel better. Take care, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Feel better soon!

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I agree, there is no browsing at the humane society! Although ours has such a lengthy adoption process, we were going to get a cat from there and before we could finalize everything, we had a cat show up on our doorstep. But it would've been cheaper through the humane society because we ended up paying out of pocket for the spaying and that was about $300

da tabbies o trout towne said...

hope you get to feeling better Elizabeth

and wavez two ewe bleu and squigglez! 🐟🐟🍀

Rita said...

I hope you feel better soon!
I agree with getting rescue cats--and dogs. ;)

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you are feeling better by now, Elizabeth.
Yes, who can say no to such a look. Maybe I should drag Ingo along and he´ll say yes ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

Trips to the local shelters of any kind are always VERY difficult. All 4 of the dogs, as did the 2 cats, that have been in my house since I've owed one, came from shelters. Growing up we had a shelter dog and cat too.

This is a very cute page. What an adorable face. And i do hope you feel better soon. I hope you relax and get caught up too. Hopping tomorrow is a better day. hugs-Erika

Elephant's Child said...

Awww.
Both our cats are rescue cats. As were the ones before them.
Please feel better soon.

Mae Travels said...

You seem to have a lot of not-so-good days recently. I hope you find out what's bothering you and get back to your usual energy level.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Jeanie said...

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Elizabeth. I hope you turn the corner and feel much better soon.

Jenn Jilks said...

I hope you are feeling better soon.
This is a sweet image. We've taken in rescues all the time we've been together!
We had a bad time, as several bullied one another, so we are hanging in with our two now.

Yvonne said...

I have a soft spot for cats. All of mine have adopted me at some point in their lives. At one point I had seven cats and two dogs. That was one cat too many for me to handle or afford. Took me six months and a friend's help to adopt out the seventh one who was already full grown when she showed up to live in my front yard. I have never had to go looking for cats. There always seems to be a needy one just around the next corner. It's nice, for a change, just living with two. Loved stopping by, and hope you begin to feel beter soon.

Helen said...

hope you feel better soon. shame you didn't join in WOYWW yesterday - Kelly found a rocking horse for you - https://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/2023/09/woyww-746.html in case you have time just to see her post

Neet said...

So sorry you are not well and sorry you missed WOYWW as you had a mention as did AJJ in mu post this week. It was myk way of giving you a "plug".
Anyway, that is such a pretty kitten you chose to play with. Take care.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Empire of the Cat said...

Beautiful kitten, it's too hard visiting those places and not taking them all home. I've only ever had rescue cats. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

Divers and Sundry said...

That's what I get for being so far behind :( I hope you're better by now.