Monday, September 18, 2023

T Stands For Happy Mail

 

It's rather obvious that today we are meeting at my dining room table.

While the water for my Jasmine Tea is heating, I want to share some happy mail I've received.  These are the two awesome postcards I got.

The first happy mail I received is an autumn inspired postcard.  It is from Kathy in the Ozarks.

This postcard stamp is part of the sea coral series.  This is the brain coral.

This is on the message side.  It reads "Autumn's the mellow time."  She also writes to enjoy fall and dates it 2023.  Lovely stamping, beautiful coloring, and charming images.  Thank you so very much dear Kathy.  You always seem to remember me this time of year!

I received this in today's mail and I hope Jackie sees I received it.   Isn't it a beauty?  I've been following Jackie and her husband on their trip to the Northwest Territories and even the Arctic Circle.  If you missed her trip, you missed a lot.  Some of the scenery was great, and some of the town names were hilarious.

I had trouble learning the name of the mountains or mountain range when I tried to find information on this stamp. 

It's too bad Canada obliterates their beautiful and amazing postage stamps with those cancellation marks that make it impossible to totally enjoy the stamp.

In case you can't read the message:
Great experience visiting TUKTOYAKTUK on the Arctic Circle although it was windy and cold.  Wouldn't wish the Dempster Highway drive on anyone.
            Jackie
This is a lovely postcard and I love it.  Thank you so very much, Jackie.  I feel honored to have been remembered, especially while you were on that holiday trip.
 
As a bit of background, TUKTOYAKTUK lies north of the Arctic Circle and is the only place on the Arctic Ocean connected to the rest of Canada by road.

It's time to drink my Jasmine Tea and look fondly on this incredibly appreciated happy mail.  Thanks again to Kathy and Jackie!

Now it's time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 
 
 


 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful happy mail, I can imagine how much you loved the cards!Have a wonderful T Day, hugs to the boys! Valerie

Tom said...

...we got plenty of junk mail today!

Lowcarb team member said...

Two lovely cards ... always nice to receive happy mail.

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

So glad you received happy mail and my postcard too-sorry it got smudged along the way. wow visiting the arctic that would be an awesome adventure.
Happy new week hugs

Mae Travels said...

Fascinating to visit the Arctic. I've only been inside the Arctic Circle once, on along ship voyage in the Svalbard Archipelago. It was amazing. Lovely cards!

Thanks for hosting our Monday-Tuesday blog party.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lisca said...

Two really lovely cards, each with a story to it.
No, I haven’t been following Jacky. Perhaps I should have. She is certainly making a fabulous trip.
Enjoy your Jasmin tea,
Hugs,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

That is great happy mail. I'm guessing Kathy made that beautiful postcard. It's great. And I've been following Jackie too since I really want to visit the Arctic Circle. Not sure September is when I'd go...but then I'm not planning a trip there so I haven't done any research about it. That is a cool postcard. And of course, it's nice to see your tea cup while you wait for your water. Have a great T day my friend. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

Jasmine tea sounds lovely! Your cards are a wonderful and must have been a wonderful surprise. Mail is always fun as long as it's not bills.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

CJ Kennedy said...

Such lovely, happy mail. Like taking a trip without leaving your dining room and cup of jasmine tea. Happy T Day

Elephant's Child said...

DEFINITELY happy mail. And beautiful too.

Cloudia said...

Glad 🙂

Iris Flavia said...

Even your cup is in Autumn-mode!
Oh, so sad summer is over (I can imagine you are glad, though!) - happy mail makes it all better!

Christine said...

Wonderful happy mail!

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth, that really looks like absolute happy mails - lovingly selected or designed motifs, beautiful stamps, loving words from good friends.
The "Beyond the Arctic Circle" postcard also reminded me of a trip, because I too have already crossed the Arctic Circle, but not in Canada. In the mid-1980s I was in Finland, in Kemijärvi. And a few years ago my husband and I were in Iceland and our ship went over the Arctic Circle :-)
Happy T-Day, my dear, and thank you for a nice comment!
All the best, Traude
🌺🪶🍂 🪶🌺
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/09/mamuz-im-schloss-asparn-40000-jahre.html

Empire of the Cat said...

Always nice to get happy mail. Love your leafy cup today. Happy T Day! Elle xx

Mae Travels said...

PS — I said I had only crossed the Arctic Circle once, but now I remember that I did so also in Greenland and in Iceland on two trips there in 2021 and 2022.
mae

Jeanie said...

That's VERY happy mail!

Rita said...

Always nice to get real mail!! :)

Jenn Jilks said...

Our kids send postcards when they travel. It is so much fun.

Jackie McGuinness said...

So glad you received it, there should be another from the Yukon coming!
A shame about the stamp cancellation. I sent one to a friend in the UK and that stamp was not cancelled at all!