Monday, September 18, 2023

Tag, you're it!

 

By now I'm sure you know that Elle from Empire of the Cat is our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Elle has given us several themes, which can include Books, Cats, and Tea, or any combination of the three.  I am once again working in my Cats altered book.

I had these two tags left over from a project I worked on years (and years) ago.  I finally decided to use them in my Cats altered book.  I'm really loving filling these pages with cat ephemera friends have given me, or I've collected over time.

The focal image found on this tag came from a magazine I was given.

I added the lace on the bottom of this tag.  The cat postage stamps were a gift.

I started this spread by laying down red scrapbook paper with white dots on the pages of my Cats altered book.  I then added the two cat tags.  Both are so different, I thought if I showed them together, it mght make more sense.

Thanks beyond belief for joining Bleubeard and me today.  We are grateful you stopped by.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey with your take on Books, Cats, and/or Tea.

 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Simply gorgeous - though that might be my catloving self speaking.

Iris Flavia said...

I love the stamps with the "lurkers" especially! And the "Gurri-background".

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fantastic cats! - Anne (Cornucopia)

CJ Kennedy said...

This post is just a purrfect way to start the week. Fabulous tags. I wish the US had awesome cat stamps like that.

DVArtist said...

The stamps are awesome. So many kitties. Have a nice day today

Christine said...

Lovely pages!

Cathy Kennedy said...

Elizabeth,

I'm trying to get back into sharing my artwork again now that summer is officially over. I'm glad to see you're still being creative. :) I noticed your words of condolence on Birgit's last Wednesday post and I wanted to let you know how much that meant to me. Thank you, my friend. Have a blessed day! xo

My name is Erika. said...

Another fun spread. I love the lace and the stamps on that tag. I can tell you are having fun making this journal. Happy Monday. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...I remember playing tag!

Rita said...

Cute! I like those cat stamps. The white cat looks a bit startled--lol! :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous tags :)

All the best Jan

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Fabulous ideas and so sweet the cats!
HUg Elke

Jeanie said...

That's a rally sweet page. You must be in seventh heaven with the cat theme!

Trillian As said...

Great idea to put the two tags together. A wonderful page for cat lovers.

Jenn Jilks said...

They are great. I like the cat with the leash best.

NatureFootstep said...

I love the cat stamps :)

Empire of the Cat said...

ah cat walkies are the best! Love the tags and those cat stamps. It's too bad the ones I sent last year disappeared as they would have been useful this month. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month. Happy Journalling! Elle xx

craftytrog said...

Great page Elizabeth, I love those cat postage stamps!
Hugs,
Alison