Monday, August 14, 2023

T Stands For Finally Final Anniversary Gifts

 

 A funny thing happened last week after I had published my T post.  Seems Sharon asked about her ATC she sent me.  As I was looking back over the packages I received, I realized I had also not opened Deb's package.  Saturday was the clean up and afterward I slept, partly because I was exhausted and partly because I hurt my back, even though I lifted from my knees.

Sunday I hunted high and low for Deb's and Sharon's packages.  I really AM usually organized to the max.  I got down on my hands and knees in the kitchen where I had originally kept the packages.  Then I checked all the bags hooked on the chair to be sure they had not fallen into one of them.  Then this morning, when the sun was just right, I thought I saw something under my dining room table.  Lo and behold, there were the missing packages and CJ's postcard, I had completely forgotten about.  That's what stress does to a "perfect" memory.

I promise these are the last of the gifts everyone sent.

Don't you just love my shadow that I can't get rid of unless I stand on a ladder, at which time nothing is ever in focus.  This is from Sharon, who obviously sent a nice card and several restaurant payment checks.

Here is the handmade envelope Sharon made to hold the ATC she made for me.

I love this gorgeous ATC.  It looks like there are so many layers to this one.  It's a real beauty.

This is the back of Sharon's ATC.  Thank you so very much for this amazing and stunning ATC and the other gifts you sent, too.

This is the stamp on Deb's package.  The bird is actually embossed and was hard to focus.

Deb placed this beauty on the front of the package.  You can see that I am wearing lavender today. 

I found this fun sticker attached to the back of the envelope.

Deb sent this lovely card that matches the sticker on the envelope.  I love the wood grain background and the adorable letters that spell out "Hello."  This is stunning.

What a lovely and thoughtful message.  Actually, it is I who should be thanking YOU, dear Deb.

Here is the adorable ATC Deb made for me.

I wish you could see the detail and how dimensional this is.  It is also glittery and textured.  My photo doesn't do it justice.

Deb's back.  She created them early.  Thank you so very much, dear Deb.

This package is from Jo.  Jo used a ton of tape, but I finally got the envelope open.  I can't show the back of the envelope because Jo's address is there.

I need to remove this from the plastic packaging.

OMGoodness.  Jo knows how much I LOVE rust!!!  This spoke to me.  Can't you just feel all that faux rusty goodness?  It is amazing, Jo.

This is the back of this ATC.

However, imagine my surprise when I turned the card over and found another ATC tucked into the pocket.  Squiggles was just thrilled and so was I.  All three of us are so happy with this gorgeous ATC made just for all of us.  Thank you from all of us, dear Jo. We are thrilled.
Now it's time to finish my ice water that is now merely cool and clean up.  

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  Please link your post below, then share the love with others.  Bleubeard and I will be by after we eat a bite.




22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely art and gifts again, I am wondering if you will still find more things hidden under other tables!? Hugs, Valerie
Happy T day!

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous gifts. I am so glad that you found and shared them.

Tom said...

...it nice to get real mail!

Cloudia said...

Ten more years at least! Aloha

Lisca said...

Really lovely ATCs! I’m so glad you found them again.
Beautiful stamps, especially the one with the bird.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

Don't you hate when that happens? I'm very glad you found them so we can see those beautiful ATC's from Sharon and Deb. And Jo's too. I hope you have a super T day dead. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

that must have been stressful looking for the packages-beautiful art-enjoyed seeing everything.
did you get all the t storms passing through? hoping it has ended finally as I have loads of yard work to catch up on once it dries out

DVArtist said...

Wow! I am so impressed with all the wonderful gifts you recieved. What a joy for you. Have a lovely evening.

Amila said...

Isn't it frustrating when such situations occur? I'm truly happy that you managed to find the packages. ATCs created by Sharon, Deb, and Jo are wonderful. The stamps used are also beautiful.
Happy T Tuesday!

Iris Flavia said...

Elizabeth, I am so sorry!
I thought Bleubeard or Squiggles had hidden the goodies - please tell them I´m sorry!
That is because I can relate to you so much. I am "correct". Yet sometimes things disappear and I have no furry friend I can blame (Ingo is not furry).

Two ounce??? I think I would have a lot to wonder about if one day I hopefully visit your country! You do have cents, too, don´t you??? What else do I need to know?
Handmade envelopes, btw. My postie said: Way more expensive - use normal ones. So if I ever I have to put a self made into a "standard" one.
Germany...

Beautiful cards and stamps.
To rust, it amazes me, too.

Just... let us never get rusty ;-) Happy T-Day!

Mae Travels said...

You seem to be on a perennial Easter Egg Hunt -- hiding and finding things. I'm glad you located these lovely items. I wish I were crafty enough to send you imaginative things like these.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

J said...

Hi Elizabeth, great to see your last and thankfully found packages, you've had some lovely gifts and ATC's, I have read the posts but couldn't comment from my ipad!
The rust that Jo produced looks amazing.
Happy T Day
Jan S

nwilliams6 said...

Wow. More awesome goodies. So glad you found them as they are treasures for sure. You are so lucky to have so many people who obviously adore you. Thanks for all you do Elizabeth. GIANT hugz and happy T-day.

Hope you feel better too!

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
It is wonderful how you have been gifted - and I think you have deserved all these loving gifts. To be honest, an action like this would be too stressful for me. (And I think you've enough of mailing for a while now, too ;-D - right?)
I'm sorry you hurt your back doing the clean-up work and were so exhausted - hopefully you're fit again by now!
I have two typical Austrian drinks for you today: Obi g'spritzt and Radler :-DD
Hugs and all the best!
Traude
🌼❤️🌼
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/08/romerstadt-carnuntum-und-die-tiere-von.html

CJ Kennedy said...

Such fun and creative gifts to mark the 10th T Day Anniversary. Happy T Day

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so glad you found it!
We continue to laugh at our failing memories. JB uses lists. I forget to make them!

Divers and Sundry said...

I love all these ATCs!

jinxxxygirl said...

What a great wrap up to the party! So glad you liked your ATC AND that you found it!!! Along with Sharon's beautiful ATC and Jo's Those kitties on that ATC are amazing! Happy T day Elizabeth and Bleubeard AND Squiggles!!! Hugs! deb

Darla said...

The Anniversary Party was a great success. So glad you received a lot of mail and found the pieces you thought were lost. I'm behind on everything this summer.

Kate Yetter said...

What a fun surprise to find more packages afterwards. You got some lovely ATC's.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Spyder said...

Oh my goodness, the postman/person/lady must have the biggest mail sack just for you! What I lot of goodies! Have great week, and Happy T Day! ((Lyn))

Sharon Madson said...

I can’t believe you found more ATCs besides mine! And I do know how organized you are! Maybe since that one ATC had such cute kitties on it, the kitties got into them and took them under the table! Sorry I didn’t make it this week. My August is extremely busy, and now I am also getting ready for my trip.