Monday, August 14, 2023

A trip to Seville

 

I'm joining my dear friend Chris, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, with her Where in the World theme.   

Today let's visit the beautiful city of Seville, Spain.  I was enamored by those truly awesome tiles.

I have a few step out photos for you to see, too.

I rotated this so you wouldn't have to turn your monitor on its side.



Both images came from travel magazines/brochures.  The postage stamp was in my stash.  I learned that Andalucia is considered the hottest city in Europe.  Of course, that is before the statistics from this year are calculated.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by today.  We always appreciate your visit.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Where in the World.

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I have really been enjoying travelling with you in these posts. Thank you.

Tom said...

...thanks for taking me along on this adventure.

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like a beautiful city. I like how you used the text as the columns

Christine said...

Good choice!

Sami said...

Seville is a beautiful city with wonderful monuments. We visited it just before we moved to Australia.

Divers and Sundry said...

You are taking me on a virtual vacation :)

Valerie-Jael said...

That is really a very beautiful and historical place, I loved it. Great idea for a page for Chris! Hugs!

DVArtist said...

I would love to go there for real. Wonderful art.

Jeanie said...

I can see why those tiles spoke to you. They really are beautiful -- those alone would inspire me to pack my bags for Seville!

My name is Erika. said...

Seville is on my list. It's supposed to be quite beautiful. I love your vertical text too. Nice addition. I hope it was nice start to the new week. hugs-Eria

Lisca said...

How lovely to see a familiar place on your artwork. Seville is very pretty. It is a city ( and a province) in the region of Andalucía where I live. Andalucía is an independent region with its own government. It is about the size of Portugal or Austria. In the US it would compare to Maine in size.
Lisca

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Beautiful Seville photos and quite. I love the place!
Hug Elke

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth, this is fabulous- lovely images and I love how you used the columns for some of your words. Lots of friends and relatives have visited Spain and it's somewhere I would like to visit one day. Thanks for this page and the information too, hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth. I've never visited Seville, it looks stunning.