Saturday, May 20, 2023

Recycled Blooms

 

It's time once again to join Aimeslee, our host this month at Art Journal Journey with another journal entry.  She has chosen Flowers as her theme. 

Bleubeard and I give you Recycled Blooms.  Nearly everything on this page is recycled, except the washi tape and the blue marker I used to write the sentiment.

We have a few detail shots we'll share.








I started with a sheet of 110 lb cardstock I had used as a backer for a page I was painting for another project.  I believe some call it a mop up page.  Before I set the page aside, I used the rest of the pre-mixed fluid acrylic paints to cover the page.  

I had several cans that had red pull tabs, so I saved them and used them to create the flowers.  I actually purchased a can of mixed fruit in order to get the one green tab.  I had saved the plant markers for at least five years, and finally found a use for them.  Even the "stems" on the flowers were used.  They had held my cheese slicer to the backing which I used last month.  I laid the washi tape down so the flowers would have some place to grow.   Since I only had one green "leaf," I colored one blue using the felt tipped marker I also used to write the sentiment.  The silver ones indicated the flower was dying and losing its petals.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Flowers in your art journal or altered book.
 
I'm still typing with one hand, and I am getting slower by the day.  However, I will be by to visit everyone.  Just please be aware it may take longer than it normally does, since I always read every word you write.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.
 
 


13 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I remember when I was a kid - we collected these locks/lids from cans, gave them to a collection center and wheelchairs were made with them!
I hope...
In a minute I´ll make soil and then plant the wildflower seeds.
Wish me luck.
Hi from arm to hand... Still immobile here, too.

Elephant's Child said...

Clever - and fun.
I am so sorry that you are still having trouble with your arm and shoulder.

Tom said...

...clever idea. I had foot surgery and I'm hobbling around.

kathyinozarks said...

awesome journal page Elizabeth-I love it! take care of You
Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

I've never seen colored tabs, but then I can't say I've really looked at them. What a clever way to make a flower. I really like how you added the the little flower ID tabs too. This is a really interesting page, and I love your creative take on flowers today. Happy Saturday. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun and unusual flower page, thanks for the smile! Have a great weekend, look after your arm, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun and clever to make flowers with the pop tops. Have a good weekend.

Christine said...

Good work. Your poor hand.

Jeanie said...

This is a fun way to use those plastic things that come in our flowers! Very cheery!

craftytrog said...

A great use for those flower tags and ring pulls Elizabeth!
Hope your hand is better soon.
Alison

Caty said...

Oh this is really a great Art page Elizabeth ! You have recycled everything, it´s amazing. The flowers are interesting and special.
I hope you´ll feel better soon.
Big hugs, Caty

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is marvellous Elizabeth- such a clever idea (of course, from the Queen of recycle I expect no less)I do hope you recover soon, hugs,,Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

What a fun page! The way you recycled the ring pulls from the cans is amazing and they create fabulous flowers 😊. Take care and wishing you a wonderful week! Hugs, Jo x