Monday, May 29, 2023

Lavender

 

This will be my final entry this month at  Art Journal Journey.  I had so many ideas, napkins, and images saved, and yet that did me little good when I only had the use of one hand.  I want to thank Aimeslee, our host this month with her Flower theme.  As a first time host, she is fabulous and I personally couldn't be more proud.  Thank you for all you contributed this month Aimeslee, and all the positive comments you left.

 Bleubeard and I give you Lavender is not just a color.  We have some detail shots, too.





I started with one of my backgrounds I created on 110 lb cardstock using several Staz-on reinkers and 91% isopropyl alcohol.  When dry, I added the focal image, a new blank card from my stash.  I then painted a piece of leftover cardstock with purple acrylic paint and, when dry, wrote the sentiment on it using a black Posca pen.  The butterfly was a sticker from my stash.
 
Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us this Memorial Day and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Flowers.  You still have ample time to share your own art journal entry.


16 thoughtful remarks:

Christine said...

Lovely lavender entry

Tom said...

...lavender can be many things and you captured it beautifully!

kathyinozarks said...

so beautiful Elizabeth, and I love lavender. I bought new plants this year as my very old one didn't survive the winter this time.

Divers and Sundry said...

Pretty! Most of my lavender died over this past winter, but I've been excited to see some shoots coming up :)

ashok said...

Very pretty

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful lavender. Hope your arm is getting better. Aimeslee has really done very well, it's been a great theme! Hugs, Valerie

Cloudia said...

Such beautiful art 🎨

Rita said...

Very pretty card art. I hope you hand gets better soon!

Elephant's Child said...

Just beautiful - and I love the addition of the flutterby.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful Lavender- every garden should have lavender! It's a wonderful finale for Aimeslee's AJJ theme, hugs, Chrisx
PS heading backwards for a catch up!!!

My name is Erika. said...

This didn't come up when I stopped by this morning, but I'm glad you linked up so I could find it. Those lavender flowers look amazing on your pretty background. This is a great final piece for AJJ this month. It's been a fun month with flowers, hasn't it Hugs-Erika

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Wonderful painted lavender style with the background a beautiful floral journal page!
i love this flower!!
Happy day, hug Elke

Jenn Jilks said...

I am so sorry about your hand. I've my foot in a brace, JB cannot use one arm, nor lift stuff. Garbage detail, and bringing in groceries are my tasks, although he does all the shopping.
Ain't old age grand?! 😉 😜

Aimeslee Winans said...

Aww, thanks so much for your sweet words, Elizabeth! I have been honored and also enjoyed it! I thought you did awesome for one or both hands! But I do know the frustration, would you believe I make too lofty plans? My original idea back when Erika asked me was to post every day, yikes I'm glad I switched it to every other day and even that was rough at times just getting the posts made, haha. I love your lavender page and I thank you for making the effort to get this final one done for my theme. Hugs, xoxo

Jeanie said...

I love the words "Lavender isn't just a color." Nope -- it's so much more!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful! 💜💜💜