Friday, April 14, 2023

Little rebel

 

Bleubeard and I are back with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.  We are also joining Nicole and her Friday Face Off.  I'm late this week due to my Second Thursday tutorial.

Bleubeard and I named this The Little Rebel.  We have a few detail shots, too.



This started with half a sheet of left over 110 lb. cardstock that had been spritzed with my handmade shimmering mists.  As much as I hate my handwriting, I used it to write the sentiment/prayer and the title of the page.  The little girl was fussy cut from an ad campaign card I received last August when we in Kansas were inundated with leaflets, postcards, and posters touting both sides of the abortion issue I'm sure many of you remember.  I thought the little girl had a definite religious feel, which is why I paired it with the prayer many of us were taught as youngsters.
 
Bleubeard and I are genuinely appreciative you stopped by today.  We also hope to see you at both Art Journal Journey and Friday Face Off.



21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun piece, Elizabeth, and I love her expression! I know that prayer, too. Happy Friday! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Smiling - and the little rebel doesn't look even remotely tired to me...

Dortesjs said...

sweet rebel

Iris Flavia said...

That haircut looks like what we call "by mama" or "pot on the head and cut around", LOL - I would pray just like that (Ingo cuts my hair).

My name is Erika. said...

She looks like she's got something on her mind. And maybe not something good-smile. But she is a cutie and this is a cute page for your challenge. And I can see the shimmer in your mist. Nice. Have a great FRiday and start to your weekend. hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

She's adorable.

Mae Travels said...

In a museum this week I saw a collection of art made from rejected and trashed objects that reminded me of your mission to create art from recycling. Picasso did it too!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Gene Black said...

Ha ha....I may have been a little rebel too. I always wondered why we needed to close our eyes to pray. If God was going to appear, I wanted to SEE.

Tom said...

...The Little Rebel is giving the eye.

Rita said...

Very cute!! :)

EricaSta said...

It`s a funny collage! I love this.

Christine said...

Very nice!

Jenn Jilks said...

You have such fun! I love it.

DVArtist said...

Ohh Elizabeth, this is such a beautiful piece. It brings back memories too. As a kid and my 5 siblings had to say this prayer every night. My sister and I would do exactly what this little girl is doing. Keeping one eye closed and then looking at each other with one eye open. We thought we were so clever. LOL Thank you for the memory and for joining FFO. Have a lovely day.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that little peeking expression :)

carol l mckenna said...

Oh so precious and true creation ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

OMG ... I laughed when I saw this. Oh, I have known many a little rebel in my day ... none of them me, of course :) This is so cute and clever, Elizabeth. I think you made my day :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous spritzing and a really cute image. A lovely AJJ page! Hugs, Chrisx

NatureFootstep said...

a sweet rebel I think ;)