Saturday, April 15, 2023

Fast Food

 

Today is tax day in the States.  I hope yours are either finished or you are working on them, because you only have until midnight tonight to get them filed.  

Bleubeard and I are here today with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.   We had planned to feature another entry today, but time was not on our side, so it will have to wait for me to get it together, hopefully by tomorrow.

We named this Fast Food, because almost everything here can be eaten with little to no preparation.  We have some detail images, too.

I didn't buy these cookies, but I found the label in my ever growing stash of recyclables.  I added the sheet music by pressing packing tape against a small piece of vintage sheet music.  When I lifted the tape, the music notes stuck to the tape.

By now you probably know I collect labels from bananas.  I have so many of these, and I seem to get more each time I shop for groceries.  Foreign text made the backdrop for the banana labels, as well as the recipe for Jammy Waffles.  

Why not use this raspberry jam over the Waffles.  Of course, Eggos would be even quicker than waffles, I suspect.
 
My dear foodie friend Sally lets me rifle through her recyclables and I found this cardboard box that originally held cans of chili with beans.  I thought it made a great background and was solid, too.

I called the spread Fast Food.  I recycled the circle that was left over for a previous spread.

Everything I used on this spread was either recycled or repurposed with the exception of the small amount of packing tape, the gold Posca pen I used to outline the Jammy Waffles and the pink Posca pen I used to write the sentiment.  I found the raspberry preserves in a magazine and I've already explained where everything else came from.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you dropped by today.  We look forward to seeing what you recycle, repurpose, or reuse and sincerely hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey.


14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fast food is something most people seem to like these days, but I mostly avoid it. Another fun journal page today! Have a great weekend, hugs,Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Nice foodie page. I like how you used all those labels. And it makes a great collage. Perfect for your challenge. And your wrong about day. It’s April 18th this year. Thankfully because we haven’t even started ours 😬. Have a great weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

I hate commenting on my phone. It should say tax day.

Christine said...

Very nice. Tax day in Canada is Apr 30.

Divers and Sundry said...

We get a few extra days this year, but my husband got ours off yesterday anyway. You never know what'll come up.

Rita said...

It's a good friend who will let you rifle through their trash--lol! ;)

Elephant's Child said...

Our tax day is variable. They are 'mostly' due on the 31st of October, unless you have a professional preparing them. Extensions are very (too?) easy to obtain.
I try and avoid fast food. Not always successfully.

Jeanie said...

Hi Elizabeth!

It looks like I haven't tried to visit you but if I pull up your post on one day and don't get reading and go to it the next day, the only thing I see is your banner. Or, if I click on "older post," the same thing.It's probably something in settings that just keeps one post up at a time but I'm always sorry when I miss things! Have a wonderful week.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Elizabeth. The flowerrs you mentioned are called Grape Hyacinth. Ther are usually blue or a lilac colour but can be white too. They are a bulb. Thanks for asking about my mum, she has her moments but seems to be settling in better now. I don't l;ike the sound of Tax day, luckily for us be ause we were teaches it was done for us. Loving the recycled journal page. Have a lovely weekend. hugs, Angela xxx

kathyinozarks said...

Great page Elizabeth that is our favorite jam brand now since I am not doing canning here at the lake.
sorry I haven't made a journal page for your theme yet-I do want to make one at least-I have been engrossed in fibers-smiles.
are you getting these severe storms coming through? we have another one getting ready to fire off soon.
stay safe happy weekend

Sandra Cox said...

This one's making me hungry:)
Enjoy your weekend, dear Elizabeth.

Mae Travels said...

I hope no one got worried about taxes. It’s different this year: “For most Americans, the deadline to file federal tax returns is Tuesday, April 18, 2023. That's because April 15 is on a Saturday and the next weekday, April 17, is recognized as Emancipation Day in Washington, DC.” True, though, if someone isn’t done they need to hurry or get an extension!

I don’t agree that fast food (if that means ready-to-eat food) is necessarily non-nutritious. Fruit, for example, is ready to eat as it comes from the store (you might just rinse it) but is generally considered healthful. The term “fast food” is ambiguous because it also refers to the products of hamburger chain restaurants that have food that you can eat fast but that’s often not very nutritious and often deep fried or full of additives.

best,mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

I´m still nibbling on taxes 2021.
But we have that jam/marmalade from the good mama, too.
We get everything. But... self-raising flour!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love this. If I have jam my choice is for raspberry and this jam is a great brand. Sally knows you well! Hugs, Chrisx