Sunday, April 23, 2023

Facing Demolition

 

Bleubeard and I are back with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.   I want to thank each and every one who sent bEARTHday wishes yesterday, whether it was here or some other way.  Your kind thoughts were simply overwhelming and greatly appreciated.

 Bleubeard and I have named this Facing demolition.  We have detail photos, too.
 







I started this page trying to remove the papers I had glued onto the black 140 lb cardstock.  I didn't like the way the papers looked after I glued them in place.  I decided to rearrange the papers, but didn't realize how strong that adhesive was I used.  Those beautiful gifted papers were shredding right before my eyes.  That's when it hit me that I could turn this into a journal entry on demolition.

I added what I thought looked like a European house, pub, or business sign to the page, then wrote DEMOLISH over the sign in gold Posca pen.  For the person, I found pieces from old papers I had colored, probably for ICADs that I never  used.  I glued them together and used a homemade stencil to create the image.  I added the canceled postage stamp and added the words using my white Posca pen.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you are still visiting to see what we recycle, reuse, and /or repurpose each day.  For that, we both thank you.


11 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I have been thoroughly enjoying your creations this month. Thank you so much. And thank you for persevering in commenting at my place. I wish you didn't have to - but appreciate it.

Valerie-Jael said...

This page is fabulous, one of my all time faves, I feel like I am being demolished lately! Your page came together so well. Keep enjoying your birthday week! Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

I like how this turned out. I appreciate a willingness to demolish to create :)

Jeanie said...

Demolish is a really powerful term and an excellent one for this month. It's a very thoughtful and creative layout.

I'm so glad you had a good birthday. I hope you keep celebrating!

CJ Kennedy said...

Clever way to come up with a theme

Jenn Jilks said...

Yes, clever idea!
I was afraid you were actually demolishing something!

Christine said...

Very nice.

My name is Erika. said...

I really like how those torn papers look as you tried to peel them away. What a great effect. Saf for the papers but great for the look. And that lady you added is fantastic. This is a fun recycled page and definitely interesting. Hope you had a great birthday. hugs-Erika

Tom said...

...I love your use of mixed media!

Hena Tayeb said...

Looks cool.

pearshapedcrafting said...

A brilliant happy accident page and so apt for your AJJ theme dear Elizabeth, hugs, Chrisx