Monday, April 17, 2023

Autumn

 

Bleubeard and I are back with what should have been a really quick entry for Art Journal Journey.  In the end, it turned out not so quick, but at least every bit of it was Recycled, Repurposed, or Reused, which just happens to be our theme this month. 

I named it Homage to Autumn because it reminds me of one of those roads where my friend Erika might walk in autumn.

First, a couple of detail shots:



I began by gluing an old (2015) calendar page to a used file folder to give it stability.  While that was drying, I fussy cut the car from a magazine that was several years old.  I then affixed it to the background at an angle that I hoped appeared to be the size and angle of the tire tracks. To complete the page, I used my white Posca pen to write the words on a circle left over from a previous project.  My adhesive was new and so was the ink from the pen.  Other than that, everything was either repurposed or recycled.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you dropped by today and hope to see what you have recycled, repurposed, or reused using our theme at Art Journal Journey.

 

 

12 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Clever - and lovely. Autumn is a season that demands our homage.

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, autumn is always my very favourite season. Have a good start to the new week, hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Pretty colors, but I'm glad I don't have to rake all those leaves. Enjoy your day!

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful place for a drive -or a walk :)

Christine said...

Nice work!

Rita said...

My favorite season! Beautiful! :)

Cloudia said...

What a fun piece!

kathyinozarks said...

very cool journal page-love the car too

My name is Erika. said...

That's a fun collage. Even though I don't want to think about autumn at all right now, I like how you added the car into that pretty autumn scene. hugs-Erika

sirkkis said...

Great autumn view, and I like it. I'm born in the autumn, and may be it's the reason ;)
Have a wonderful day xx

Jeanie said...

That's a great visual -- and a perfect title!

Neet said...

Such a beautiful autumnal picture. I love the colours of autumn, that is why it is probably my favourite season.
Hugs, Neet xxx