Monday, April 17, 2023

T Stands For Curtain Call

 

Bleubeard refuses to hang his head in shame because he was ready to visit everyone online.  I, on the other hand, was far too busy entertaining and enjoying birthday memories with my friend Scott and pre-bEARTHday memories for me.

This is why I've been and continue to be MIA.


This is the first time I have seen Scott since before Christmas.  I was so proud.  The entire time we went for coffee and came back to my house, he didn't take his phone out once.  It used to be his left arm (so to speak).

Joseph, on the other hand, was either texting or looking something up when one of us wasn't talking to him.

Note the phone in his left hand.

At least, I finally caught him drinking coffee, my drink reference this week.

I also want to share something for Bleubeard's and my theme of Recycle, Repurpose, or Reuse at Art Journal Journey. 
 
We call it Curtain Call.  We also have detail shots.

"She was so talented, the audience insisted on giving her four curtain calls."



The curtain samples (called vertical window blinds or slats) were glued to a used file folder.  My foodie friend Sally ordered them when she was planning what blinds she wanted for her back patio door.  I used the play on words to use these and added the ballerina from my stash, along with computer generated copier/printer paper.  Bleubeard and I hope this shows you can recycle and repurpose anything, even window blind samples, to keep them out of the recycle bin.

It's now time to share your own drink related post.  It can be gifts you received, photos, a place you visited, movies, postcards, mail art, junk mail, catalogs, books, sketches, mixed media, drawings, paintings, handmade cards, tags, scrapbooking, or other art that is digital, hybrid, or traditional, a favorite mug, cup and saucer, teapot, coffee pot, or even a wine glass. Regardless, please join us by linking below.  Bleubeard and I will gladly visit, as will other T participants.  Please link only your T post and not your blog in general.  Bleubeard would like to remind you that old photos are acceptable because they may be taken any time, not just on Tuesday and not just this year.  Please remember to visit your fellow T participants. 
 


EDIT: My friend Scott is working unholy hours and was only here on Sunday.  Joseph was here from Friday through last night (Monday).  He got back to CA about 2 a.m. because he has/had to be to work today (Tuesday).  I hope he was able to sleep on the plane because no one gets much sleep when he comes to Wichita.

 

25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page with the dancer, nice idea. Glad you are having fun with your friends, make the most of it! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

Phones are antisocial beasts aren't they?
I am glad that you were able to spend time with your friends - and love Curtain Call.

kathyinozarks said...

cool journal page! I am so glad to read you were able to visit with your friend Scott-and he was Not using his phone-that is just so rude when so many people do that like his friend was-I refuse to use or have one of those phones-period haha
Happy T

Cloudia said...

Four standing ovations! That made me feel good. Just reading about it.

My name is Erika. said...

Happy T day Elizabeth. How exciting to have visitors. Are they going to be around all week for your birthday or are you celebrating early? It's fun to see everyone sitting on your front porch and enjoying a nice day.And your ballerina page is great, and I love the idea of using those blind samples. Were they hard to stick your photo onto? They are a great example of recycling though. I hope you have a super T day and birthday week. hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

How fun that you were able to spend time with not just one but two friends! Looks like you had a lot of time to catch up.
Love your pretty journal page. Anything with ballerinas makes me smile!
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Mae Travels said...

I hope you continue to enjoy a long and amusing birthday celebration, and that more friends show up to toast you with coffee or whatever! I think the phones have become so common that I hardly notice them any more. Someone always seems to be checking something or preserving an image or finding a place on the map or listening to music.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

So it seems your birthday is coming up soon! How wonderful to have good friends around and spend time with them. Even the weather is nice enough to sit out on the porch. Can it get even better than this?
Your journal page is lovely, I really,ike your them of recycle, repurpose of reuse. Have a lovely T day and an even lovelier birthday.

Sharon Madson said...

Sounds like you had a good visit with Scott & Joseph. It is lovely you all could get together to celebrate your birthdays. Your Curtain Call page is lovely, hard to believe it was from recycled & repurposed items. Happy T Day.

Amila said...

Your journal pages are lovely and I like the colour combination. It is nice to hangup with friends. Sounds like an exciting time with friends! Lovely teapot as well.
Have a happy T day!

Iris Flavia said...

Great your friends came over to chat and celebrate! :-)
Those phones... Mine can go online only where there is free WiFi. I usually leave it at home. And I´m still alive ;-)
Cute ballerina! Wish I could dance a bit (and am afraid we will have to on BIL´s wedding, uhhhhh...).
Happy T-Day ... and cheers to celebrations!

Lisca said...

That's a really lovely journal page.
How wonderful that your friends came. I recognised them both as you have featured them before. Joseph lives quite far away if I remember well. Great to seem them both again.
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca

Lisca said...

Sorry about not publishing your comment earlier. I have only recently started moderation, and at times I forget that I have to look for my comments elsewhere and then publish them. Today I'm going to be away all day, but as soon as I come in I will look at my comments.

NatureFootstep said...

love your ballerina :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Looks like you had a gorgeous day to sit and visit with friends on your front porch. I like the textures of the blinds samples for the background. Happy T Day

Christine said...

Happy birthdays! Lovely page.

Divers and Sundry said...

Your porch looks like the perfect visiting spot. What a great space!

Happy T Tuesday!

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
I really like your journal page, you get four curtain calls for it, too! I gather from your lines that it's your birthday soon - so to be on the safe side I'll congratulate you now - and I'm happy for you that there was a nice birthday meeting with friends.
Cell phones can be useful, but sometimes they can also be a nuisance. When I'm with other people, I usually only use it to take pictures of these people 😉
All the best and have a happy week! 🌷☘️🌷
Hugs, Traude 😘
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/rax-und-thenauriegel-zwei-ausfluge-mit.html

Jenn Jilks said...

Nice work with the ballerina!

There is that, with cell phones!

Jeanie said...

This sounds like a great day and wonderful visit with friends. We all need that, don't we? And let birthday merriment begin and continue! I get frustrated with phones, though it has become more common than I like. I prefer someone's undivided attention unless something is said that causes one to look something up. And then put it away. I daresay it's a function of age...

J said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I was intending to join the T party yesterday but I was taken out unexpectedly and it was late afternoon when we arrived home, hopefully I will remember for next week.
Lovely to have friends to visit and I have a set of samples for vertical blinds, I'm still looking to replace ours as I haven't found any that can withstand the heat and sun!!
Take Care and hope to see you next week.
Jan x

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to be able to spend time with your friends.

I do like 'Curtain Call'

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sorry I missed T today. We went out for the day...the sun shone for the first time in ages but I was so tired that I just forgot all about finishing my post! I love your journal post with your beautiful ballerina. It's good that you had such a good time with yourfriends, hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hmm, that's yesterday! xx

Neet said...

Nothing like catching up with old friends. With or without phones, but preferably without. It so annoys me when friends have those darned watches that signal a message or something. They continually glance at their wrists when I am talking and I feel like getting up and exiting the room. Obviously they are not interested in what I have to say.
Anyway, to your journal - a lovely layout with the beautiful ballerina on such a pretty muted background.
Hugs, Neet xxx