Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Sugar, sugar

 

Bleubeard and I are here with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.  However, as some of you already read, there was a power outage in my neighborhood and I was without power for nearly 24 hours.  It's hard playing catch up with my T Tuesday group and still try to get today's blog post created, while trying to stay awake.  The artwork was finished, but I needed to get this online.  My apologies for being so far behind, but I have no control over the electric company who provides my electricity.  Let's get started.

We are here to tempt you with sugar and sweets.  We even have some detail shots that will hopefully have your sweet tooth head into overdrive.
 
Key lime and coconut cheesecake.
 
Chocolate cupcake with cream cheese frosting and cinnamon hearts.

Pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream topping.

Recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes.

Apple Betty with a twist.

Lattice top apple pie.

The 4 lb (1.81 kg) granulated sugar package was glued to a used file folder for strength.  The recipe was of course provided on the package and the individual pies and cakes were fussy cut and repurposed from various magazines.  The cupcake was cut from a calendar dated February, 2015.  Bleubeard and I love it when everything was recycled, repurposed, or reused except the various adhesives used to adhere everything.
 
Now that Bleubeard and I have shown you ours, we are delighted you dropped by and hope to see what you have recycled, repurposed, or reused using our theme at Art Journal Journey.
 
 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun piece, Elizabeth, now you've made me hungry but I have to head out to the doctor's so no time to make cake....perhaps I can grab a croissant at the baker's somewhere on my way! Hugs, Valerie

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry about your power cut - and hope that you can catch up on some sleep tonight. I love the sweet treat you gave us too.

CJ Kennedy said...

Sweet page and now I have an earworm. "Sugar, Sugar" was a song from "The Archies" 1968 or '69.

My name is Erika. said...

This post is great but it is making hungry all over again, even though I just finished my breakfast-smile. And now that song that CJ mentioned is running through my head. Boy that key lime pie looks too good. Happy Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Glad you have electricity back!
I would go for the chocolate cupcake--lol!
Cute page. :)

Mae Travels said...

Sugar is definitely one of nature’s most perfect foods. Except that it’s an entirely artificial product, the first industrial food, engineered to make us never stop eating. I’d love a piece of that key lime pie right now! I haven’t had one of those heavy paper sugar sacks in a while because I shop at the bulk food store. I guess having nothing to recycle is also a form of conservation of resources.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Creative!

Sharon Madson said...

It seems your power goes off frequently. When we lived in another town 30 years ago, our power was always going off! Usually it was a squirrel on a main power pole. Or, in Summer because of power surges. Over here , it just goes out when we have bad weather. And that is when you need it to know what the weather is doing! LOL. Nice recycling piece. I keep thinking I am going to do something. But I am busy trying to get all my April birthday cards done to send out on time. 😉. Hugs!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your Sweet page ...
Like 'CJ' I too have an earworm. "Sugar, Sugar" from "The Archies" :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Ooof! That sugar rush got me just by looking at those pretty cakes! This made me smile as my post today uses a chocolate wrapper! Must be a case of great minds.......hugs, Chrisx

Jenn Jilks said...

Whew! Sugar rush!!!!

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely creative and awesome post.. x

Neet said...

I have no need to see a sweet treat, the mere mention of its name is enough to tempt me so Imagine how I feel after all this sugary imagery you are showing. Ok, confession, I've just had a piece of chocolate.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll take a slice of that lime/coconut pie, please. yummm

Aimeslee Winans said...

Wow sorry about your power! I'm jonesing for some key line pie now, thank you very much, lol. Great way to recycle and work up an appetite too! XOX