Thursday, April 20, 2023

A Bird in the Hand

 

Bleubeard and I are back today with another entry for our recycle, reuse, repurpose theme we are hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.  

For obvious reasons, we named this A bird in the hand.  Because the toucan has a face, we are also joining Nicole and her Friday Face Off.  Since the toucan is a bird, it qualifies for the Triple B challenge, too.  And because the toucan has wings, we are also joining Country View Challenges, whose theme this month is Things with wings.  We even have a few detail shots.



The substrate is new 110 lb. cardstock that accidentally got some of my handmade shimmering mists splattered on it.  Not wanting to let it go to waste, I decided to use it as a background for the toucan.  The toucan was fussy cut from an old gifted calendar page.  Years ago, I printed the hands on cardstock that denoted sign language letters.  They were on a page with other images I had printed, most of which had been used in various previous journal pages.  The cardstock was getting a bit wonky and bent since so many images were gone.  I decided to use all the rest of the images, along with the hands, of course, on this page.  Although technically new, the page had so many empty spaces, I thought it was better to use the images now, than risk them getting even more rumpled.  Consequently, only the toucan was recycled for this journal entry.
 
Bleubeard and I greatly appreciate you stopping by today.  We hope to see you at Art Journal Journey, Triple B, Country View Challenges, and Friday Face Off.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your toucan, a fine bird indeed! Nice additions, too. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I think it´s a great composition.
I read we are not to be afraid of white space (oh, what do I know ;-)...)
One day I´d like to see such a bird for real.
With a bird in the hand... happy day!

Elephant's Child said...

The multi-meme toucan is GREAT.

WendyK said...

Love the toucan, a bird I have never seen.. It’s a great theme Eliza eth. Hugs Wendy.

My name is Erika. said...

I love that big toucan. And nice play on words too. Hope you have a great Thursday. hugs-Erika

Nancy said...

Could there be a more handsome bird?? Good to preserve the image in some art.

Christine said...

Wonderful Toucan.

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
Wonderful, your toucan page. This of course reminds me of Costa Rica where we saw these beautiful birds in the wild.
Thank you for informing me that there was a power outage in your neighborhood. I'm glad that you now have electricity again - but no problem if you don't always come to visit "immediately". I usually need several days before I come to visit, simply because I know a lot of lovely bloggers who I want to visit and because I do something almost every day that keeps me from blogging 😉...
All the best from Austria! 🌷☘️🌷
Hugs, Traude 😘
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/04/rax-und-thenauriegel-zwei-ausfluge-mit.html

Neet said...

How I would love to see this bird in real life. For now i will content myself with the one you have shown us today.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Definitely too big for my hand ;)

Jeanie said...

I really like this one, Elizabeth. The graphic is fabulous and the certificate is a nice touch. It really works for me! Happy Tomorrow!

Tom said...

...yep, a bird in hand beats two in the bush. I hope that you are having a wonderful spring.

Gene Black said...

Funny, I have never thought of "a bird in the hand" as being a toucan. LOL....now that may be stuck in my head.

DVArtist said...

Oh Elizabeth this is truly beautiful. I love this bird face. You are always so talented with whatever you create. Thank you for sharing it with FFO and have a lovely day.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

So refresh my memory ... the saying goes "A Bird in the hand .... what is the rest of it? Anyway, Love the Toucan. He is a handsome and colorful fellow and good on you for recycling him. Fun post Elizabeth and hello to Bleubeard :)

Andrea @ From the Sol

Darlene said...

How unique and awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Triple B
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

NatureFootstep said...

nice and happy to see it. I have seen it for real in one of my trips :)