Sunday, March 19, 2023

Monday Murals: Two Sides, One Building

 

I continue to have trouble leaving comments on some blogs.  I keep getting "Failed to Publish." If you don't hear from me right away (and sometimes never), that is why!!  It is mainly on blogs with embedded comments and less so on those with pop-up comments.  It is incredibly frustrating.

It's time once again to join Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals.  Even though it's still Sunday in my world, please be aware that Sami's mural link goes live at 11:01 a.m. my time today.  

This mural is on the north side of Reverie Roasters at 114 North Madison in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  It is obviously an Avenue Art Days project.

The mural extends around the front of the building.  At first, it reminded me of a Banksy, but on closer inspection, it didn't have the traditional Banksy feel to it.  I DO believe the child is a stencil, though.  The artist on the entire project is Mika Holtzinger.  This mural was created in 2018.
 
Holtzinger is an art teacher at Wichita Heights High School in Wichita, Kansas. Besides teaching art classes, she designs public art projects, illustrates children's books, and collaborates with wildlife organizations, like the Honey Bee Conservancy in New York City.
 
If you enjoy murals from around the world, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.  Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today, too.  
 
 

22 thoughtful remarks:

Divers and Sundry said...

I love that the mural goes around the corner. Cool!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun mural, nice that it continues round the corner. Hugs, Valerie

Tom said...

...yes, the Banksy influence is wonderful. This looks great for being 5 years old. Thanks for sharing.

Mae Travels said...

That’s a good find — a complex mural with lots of color. I can’t imagine what is causing you so much trouble with comments. Obviously I don’t know if any one else is. having trouble with commenting on my blog, or even if you are having trouble. I had problems for a while but changed them when I reduced the default security on what I could do.

You recently posted about a spice shop … I posted a photo of the similar place that I shop on today’s blog post.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

I really, really love murals. Thank you for sharing so many stunners.

kathyinozarks said...

This is a great mural that you found.
sorry about the comment frustrations-hugs

Christine said...

Good murals today.

Jenn Jilks said...

I do like murals!

Sami said...

Great find Elizabeth, it's a beautiful mural. Your comment came through in my blog. Thanks for participating in Monday Murals.

Jeanie said...

You have the best murals in Wichita!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice mural. I like the way there is a colored pattern and then the black and white girl drawing/painting them. That's fun. And the mountain and lake scene is pretty too. Are there scenes like that in Kansas? Hope it was a nice weekend. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Love how colorful it is on both sides. :)

Nancy Chan said...

I like the mural.

Iris Flavia said...

Beautiful mural, especially around the corner!
Yes, blogger keeps having the hiccups....

s.c said...

Looks nice.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Yes, Blogger is being a pain. I can't even comment on my own blog. My solution is to go incognito and then I can comment...
That mural is adorable.

Taken For Granted said...

This mural seems to have more than one style going from landscape to geometric shapes. The child does have a Banksy feel to it. I also like that the mural goes around the corner of the building.

ashok said...

Like the murals

RedPat said...

I like it and especially the way it wraps around the corner.

Cloudia said...

I dig that

Lowcarb team member said...

A good find, I like it :)

All the best Jan

Linda said...

I like the bright colors.