Monday, February 13, 2023

What's cooking, cupcake?

 

 I am once again joining Erika our host this month at Art Journal Journey.

Her theme is the color Red.

These yummy cupcakes are perfect for Valentine's Day.

What is cooking cupcake?

I created this entry in layers.  I started with an image of cupcakes I had in my stash.  I added scraps of pink and white colored scrapbook paper left over from previous entries.  I added washi tape in two places, too.  I sewed the focal elements in place using red thread.  Next, I sewed the focal image to a sheet of red copier/printer paper.   I computer generated the words on pink printer/copier paper, then sewed it in place. 

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you joined us and hope to see you soon at Art Journal Journey with your own take on the color Red.
 

 

14 thoughtful remarks:

craftytrog said...

This is such a delicious page Elizabeth, and so beautifully sewn together.
Happy Valentine's Day for tomorrow.
Alison x

CJ Kennedy said...

Perfect for the Valentine's Day or any day

My name is Erika. said...

Those cupcakes looks so yummy. Even if it is breakfast time; they'd work for mine. Smile. They're perfect for Valentine's Day as CJ mentioned and the pink is very pretty. This is a wonderful entry for AJJ; thank you. And congrats on the Chiefs winning last night. It was a very good football game. I didn't care who won, but it was fun to watch. Have a great start to your week. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely journal page, so pretty and yummy! Hugs, Valerie

Jenn Jilks said...

We had cupcakes Saturday!

Christine said...

Lovely in pink!

kathyinozarks said...

Yum I want a cupcake now-smiles love your page

Barbara said...

I want one!

Cloudia said...

Mmmmm! I can taste light airy cupcakes in a delicious frosting!

Sandra Cox said...

So pretty. And what a great play on words:)

pearshapedcrafting said...

Trying not to look, oops, too late! Very tempting, glad I can't touch! Fabulous page for Erika's AJJ theme ! Hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

What a sweet piece :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Pretty pink and delicious :)

All the best Jan

Neet said...

Delicious and yummy - that is how i would describe your page today. I love how yu married the red with the pink icing on the cupcakes. It has made a perfect addition to Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey.
Hugs, Neet xxx