Saturday, February 11, 2023

Romance and blood

 

 It's time once again to join Erika, our host this month at Art Journal Journey, who wants us to use RED in our art journals. 

I was going for an abstract for my next journal page.  Not sure you can call it an abstract, but I was pleased with how it turned out.

Details of the entry for those who need to translate.  Red: the color of

romance and blood, 

but hopefully not at

the same time.

I used several reds to create this entry that is primarily red and white with a touch of black writing.  I first drew lines using a red watercolor on white 110 lb cardstock.  I even went over parts of these lines with a water soluble crayon when I realized they looked more like pink than red. Then I used a red art pen to color a sheet of sticker paper, which I then cut into various circular shapes.  Finally, I computer generated the words onto some red computer/printer paper.  

I am thrilled you dropped by today and I hope to see how you interpret Erika's RED theme at Art Journal Journey.  Bleubeard slept the entire time!


 

10 thoughtful remarks:

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great Journal page in red!
Have a good weekend, hug Elke

Iris Flavia said...

True those two should not get together.
Great page. Mine has some missed love today... Not my fault! ;-)

My name is Erika. said...

So true. Unless you're a vampire then romance would include blood. Smile. In the rest of us, definitely no romance and blood. That's when relationships get sad and scary. I like the various red on your page and your abstract images. Have a great start to your weekend, and thanks for linking up to AJJ. It's much appreciated. hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page, but the title made me think of Dracula! Love the colours you used Hugs, Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Fun idea!

Mae Travels said...

I like the typeface you selected for your collage. I’m on my way home to winter now: waiting at an airport in Mexico.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

MELODY JACOB said...

Fun tho, nice writeup
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/the-empress-of-melanin.html

craftytrog said...

It's fabulous!

Divers and Sundry said...

That would make a good horror movie poster ;)

Barbara said...

I think kitties may be colorblind. 😁