Sunday, February 12, 2023

Super Bowl LVII: Eagles and Chiefs

 

 It's Superbowl Sunday!!!

Today is the day all football fans look forward to and those who never watch the game visit for the commercials (which go for 7 million US dollars for a 30 second spot).  For once, a team I actually care about is playing.

There's always a lot of hype about the quarterbacks.  No question about it.  Mahomes is the MVP.  One thing surprised me.  Everyone, yes every channel and every announcer made a big deal that this is the first time in NFL history that two starting Superbowl quarterbacks are black.  It is apparently a very big deal.
 
Speaking of big deals, here are a few facts about the game today.   Players on the winning team, according to Athlon Sports, receive $157,000 for winning the Super Bowl, while players on the losing team earn half the amount of the winning team at $82,000 per player.  According to Jewelers Mutual, the NFL typically contributes anywhere from $5,000 to $7,000 per ring for up to 150 rings per team, with any and all additional costs contributed by the team owners. 

There's also a lot of hype about the Kelce brothers going head to head against each other today. I saw their mom being interviewed and she said she would be rooting for both her sons today.
 
A final interesting tidbit is for the first time ever, these female pilots will perform the flyover before the game today.
 
Enjoy the game if you are a football fan.  Enjoy the commercials if you want to see what all that money can buy for 30 seconds.  Of course, there will be those of you who will be turned off by this game.  That's fine by me.  I am normally in that category, too.  But today (actually this evening) I will be rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs and chowing down on food I will prepare with the game in mind. 

 

6 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

May the best team win, have fun!! This is not my cup of coffee, I will be doing something else. Hugs, Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

Good luck to you team. The kitties and I will be having a Big Valley marathon.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll have the game on, mainly for cultural literacy purposes lol, but chances are I won't be glued to the screen. American football is such a _slow_ sport, with so much time spent with players just standing around or getting into position. I've bought frozen mozzarella sticks as my snack

Barbara said...

Neat facts! Living in Philly country provides added interest, but football is not my up of tea. Have fun everyone!

Rita said...

I never watch but I even heard about all the points you made. :)

My name is Erika. said...

Have fun watching the game. I just hope its a good game and interesting to watch. hugs-Erika