Monday, February 20, 2023

Another RED

 

I'm once again joining Erika our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  As you may know by now, she asks that we use the color red as the predominant color in our art.

I have another RED entry today.  I also have a couple of detail shots.


I began the background by mixing a Staz-on reinker with 91% isopropyl alcohol, then spread it on the 110 lb cardstock using a sponge brush.  I colored a sheet of cardstock using a red marker.  I then turned the cardstock over and drew the letters in reverse.  After I cut them, I realized they were too large for the page, so I had to angle the "E".

Several years ago, I was in a tag swap with a group of local friends.  I had four left over that were not to my liking.  The red handmade paper (made by me) was then stamped on with black ink.  It was a heart lock made by Stampin Up.  These friends all used Stampin Up products, so I did, too.  Thankfully, I had one set.  I decided to use these tags, even though they didn't have punched holes.  They looked so blah, I decided to grab a fan that I stamped in silver onto the tags.  Not sure I like the tags any better, but I have nothing else to share today, so what you see is what you get!
 
Bleubeard and I are quite pleased you joined us and didn't laugh too hard at my take on the color Red chosen by our host Erika at Art Journal Journey.
 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I really liked the fan imprint. I didn't realize she required you to create in red. Always?

BTW, I'm finally posting again - at Wordpress. You can get the updated link from my Blogger note. I hope you'll come by. I think you'll enjoy the post.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Great red page!
Hug Elke

Barbara said...

You have so much imagination! I love the angled E.

My name is Erika. said...

I like this page. Adding that big word red is a very interesting idea. And the homemade red paper on the starkwhite tag looks stunning. It all works together so well. Thanks yo again for joining me challenge at AJJ. I am happy you've had some ideas and have the time and energy to join in. It is (as I had said before) much appreciated. Happy new week, and see you tonight for T. hugs-Erika

DVArtist said...

I love your red art. Hope your days are good ones.

Cloudia said...

The fuchsia tone speaks to me! I'm wishing you a good week

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely, red page. Hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Elizabeth. This is a great way to use those old ATCs. Definitely 'Seeing Red' with this page- it's perfect for Erika's theme at AJJ, hugs, Chrisx

Divers and Sundry said...

I love the fans. I had a plastic folding fan when I was a child, and I think fans are a lost art. It's nice to see them here.