Thursday, January 5, 2023

Back online and a tag

 

Yes, it happened again.  I have been offline since early Tuesday morning in my world.  My sincere apologies, but being offline was not something I could control.  This time I not only lost internet and phone service, I also lost electricity and heat.

I had planned to create this post as soon as I was online.  However, I quickly learned my batteries for my keyboard were dead.  Dead as the proverbial dormouse. I'm not quite sure how much more stress I can take.  However, instead of whining, here is the art as promised.

 Valerie is hosting Tag Tuesday this fortnight.  Her theme is New Year, New Beginnings.   I simply turned the page from December, 2022 to 2023.  

I first stamped leaves in orange on a bright pink tag I cut from a sheet of cardstock.  I colored the hole reinforcer orange, but I moved it before the ink was dry, so it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.  I computer generated the sentiment and paired it with a part of an old calendar.  2023 was composed of stickers I colored pink in the centers using my new Posca pen.

After I link to Tag Tuesday, I will go directly to my T Tuesday and AJJ links and try to catch up there.  Thank you for having patience with me and this really stressful and extremely cold time I'm having.  Now if my fingers will just warm a bit.
 

9 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

I am so very sorry that you are having such a tough time at the moment. I do hope you can retain power.

Iris Flavia said...

Glad you´re back again. Oh, yes 2023. In a flick of an eye... nahhh, we´ll enjoy 2023!!! :-)
After all you just turned the page!

My name is Erika. said...

So sorry to hear you lost not only the internet and phone, but heat and power too. I hope it wasn't terribly cold. That's a long time to be down. I always find when there's no power getting enough light unless the sun is shining is not easy, no matter how many Harbor Freight Tool lanterns you use. Nice tag! I like how you used part of a calendar and your quote. Hope you've warmed up. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

So sorry you lost everything again especially heat. Hope you and the kitties don't get sick over this.
great tag-hugs

Jeanie said...

So glad you are back online and that your power has been restored. You've had a load of problems with that in the past year or so. This is such a bad time of year for no power, too -- especially when it involves heat!

Rita said...

Not only internet but electricity and heat, too! So glad you got it all back!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry you have had power and internet outages, that's really hard.Thanks a lot for making this clever tag, love it. Here in the clinic it's warm and cozy, so I'm lucky. Our weather is very mild and rather wet. Hope you get a few good weeks with less stress. Hugs, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

So glad you have power and heat back especially, but internet access is important these days for all kinds of reasons. These are times I'm grateful I have a smart phone.

pinky said...

Definitely time to turn a new page!! Yikes that's a lot to lose at once, especially the heat!! I do love what you have made and happy to hear everything is back online. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tag Tuesday.
Pinky