Thursday, December 8, 2022

Snow on the mountains

 

Bleubeard and I are joining Jo from Let's Art Journal today at Art Journal Journey with her theme Snowy Winter.

You've heard me say before, I can't draw, nor do I care to.  However, I came up with this simple mixed media entry I hope looks like three distinct mountains with snow falling on them.

Granted, the snowflakes look more like snowballs, but you have to use your imagination in my world.  I should mention that I used two different colors of blue on this security envelope.  The white snowflakes were made with a watercolor pencil.
 
The mountains were created using various papers, including foreign text and sheet music.  I used a black watercolor pencil to create the mountains, then used my finger to smudge the lines a bit.

I used a combination of green and brown on the base of the mountains which were created using another security envelope.

It is definitely trying to snow on these mixed media mountains.  Note the line on the right that goes the entire length of the scan.  This is why I am finally biting the bullet and getting a new scanner.  It's my Christmas present to myself that I am telling everyone it will come from the "boys."   I have been doing research and think I know the one I want.  Until then, I will just have to live with this scanner.
 
Bleubeard and I want to thank everyone for taking time to visit today. Your visit means a lot to us.  We also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own interpretation of Snowy Winter.
 
And because I want to join Nicole's Friday Face Off
 
 
here is a photo some of you may have seen that I took of the young fat one last week when I was testing the settings on my new camera.  Yes, he needs a new collar.  He goes through them faster than almost as fast as he goes through a bowl of kibble.

 

26 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Gorgeous image - and equally beautiful cat.

Valerie-Jael said...

I love your journal page, really well done, Elizabeth. And a gorgeous pic of Squiggles, such a handsome boy! Hugs, Valerie

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This is stunning. Your snow really does look like snowfall, by the way. And I love the use of sheet music for the ground's texture on the mountains. Color choice, too, was so evocative. I think this is one of my favorites.

Mae Travels said...

Thinking of snow on mountains is pleasant, though at the moment I would prefer not to see any snow near me. The best thing about snow on mountains is that you can see it from some far away place that isn’t even cold, like Los Angeles or Kona, Hawaii.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Very pretty!
You deserve a new scanner. :)

jinxxxygirl said...

LOVE your ArtJournal page here Elizabeth. The colors come through even with your defective scanner. lovely. Your on a QUEST... a journey .. an ADVENTURE... hope you find the perfect scanner!! lol Hugs! deb

DVArtist said...

Your art is always so pretty. Hmm snow.... we don't get much is any on the coast but the mountains are getting 4-6 feet today. Thank you for joining FFO. I will be posting later tonight. Have a great day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

You should dial back the self-criticism. This is a wonderful piece, and I can't imagine why you're not thrilled with it.

ashok said...

Welldone!

Christine said...

love the page colours

Valerie-Jael said...

I have linked you, I just read your mail. Hugs, Valerie

Sandra Cox said...

Love the piece and the kitty pic;)
The snow reminds me of Van Gogh's style.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your art page, and a sweet photograph of Squiggles too :)

All the best Jan

My name is Erika. said...

I'm loving the mountain view. And yes, I could tell they were mountains before I even read anything. And I like the details you added, including the snowball snowflakes. Hope the computer issues are all fixed. hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

Gorgeous mixed media mountains Elizabeth! And such a sweet pic of Squiggles!

Iris Flavia said...

Wow, this is very creative and beautiful, clever with the snippet-layers!
It´s (too) cold here, too.
Squiggles sure is not interested in the cam, LOL

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!! Luv your mountains collage.
Happy Friday Elizabeth

Much💜love

Tom said...

...I like your rolling musical mountains!

Gene Black said...

I certainly see three mountains. Collage with paper has never been one of my artistic strengths.

Words and Pictures said...

I love your mountain landscape... what a beautifully collaged background. The pages and envelopes add so much detail and interest to the whole look.
Alison x

craftytrog said...

A beautiful page Elizabeth, and Squiggles looks very handsome and contented.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Elizabeth, this is an absolutely wonderful page for Jo's AJJ theme! Lovely to see Squiggles too, hugs, Chrisx

sirkkis said...

A great collage art journal page.
Happy weekend xx

Neet said...

How wonderful to see Squiggles. What a beautiful boy he is, give him a chin tickle from me please (but give one to Bleubeard as well please).
I love your collage page and yes, I can see the mountains and the snow falling down on them. I think it is inspired to use print for the mountains. A very nice and interesting page.
Hugs, Neet xxx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

wonderful winter page! the idea is great! sweet your cat
Happy advent, hug Elke

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful snowy winter scene you created! I love how you collaged the papers and added the pretty snowfall - perfect 😊. I hope you're enjoying your new camera and Squiggles looks so handsome in the photo! Happy wishes! Hugs Jo x