Wednesday, November 16, 2022

You say tomato, I say collage fodder

 

I am still unable to leave comments on blogs with embedded comments.  I've sent more e-mails these last few days than I have in six months.  This is getting tiresome and very time consuming.

By now you surely know that  Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey for the entire month of November.  Our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both

Today is all about the ever popular tomato.  It's also about the fact collage fodder can come from anywhere.  

Below are some detail photos:





I started this journal page with a sheet of pink 90 lb cardstock.  I had saved one of my tomato garden markers specifically for a spread like this.  The focal image came from a calendar.  The smaller image is the same image taken from the "preview" page of the calendar, only rotated 90 degrees from the main image.  The juicer and pulper and it's description are from the book of tools and recipes.  The word Tomatoes came from the same calendar.  

  It's also time for Treasure Trovember.

This is how I left it last week.
I had completed Day 8 at the time I created the scan.


To be honest, it is too cold in my craft room to bother grabbing my camera and taking a few photos.  Instead, I took two scans because the page is slightly larger than my scanner bed.  I hope you can enlarge these to see the details.

A few words about this week's offerings.

For the body part, you would think I would use a hand, since I have an entire altered book on hands.  However, the brain has always fascinated me and I studied it in a Physiology class as an elective when I was an undergrad.  I have tons of brain images.  I show the four areas of one hemisphere of the brain.

For the triangles, I created a bunting/banner.

I first created the horizontal lines using a red gel pen.  I didn't think they showed well, so I went over them with a blue felt pen.

I affixed glue to the tissue paper, but it fell and I couldn't move it because the glue was so strong.  The sun was not supposed to cover the building.

I'm not sure if what I wrote was asemic writing or scribbles.  I was going for asemic writing, though.

I used a circle punch to create the negative of a shape/image.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own version of Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  We also hope you like how we dealt with the Treasure Trovember prompts.
 

  We are also joining AEDM.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Tomatoes are one of my favourite fruits.
I have found that when I change browsers I can (mostly) leave comments on embedded sites.

Iris Flavia said...

Hmmm, I just made the best tomato-sauce ever (if I may say so) and will have it for lunch :-) You found a great way to honor them!
I´m sadly not creative enough to join you in this challenge...

Valerie-Jael said...

When do you find time to do all of these challenges! I'm having a phase where I get nothing done but reading and sleeping! Your pages are both great, the tomatoes are making me hungry! Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

Your collage reminds me of the song "Homegrown Tomatoes" --
"Homegrown tomatoes homegrown tomatoes
What'd life be without homegrown tomatoes
Only two things that money can't buy
That's true love & homegrown tomatoes"

Sad that the season for the really great field-ripened tomatoes is over now!

best...mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rostrose said...

Dear Elizabeth,
thank you for taking the trouble to send me such a nice comment despite all the problems. I've now pasted it myself in the comment field (with the sender "Anonymous"). Have you also tried clicking "Anonym" above the comment field next to the text "Kommentar schreiben als:" (= "Write a comment as:")? I've been told that many people are having your problem at the moment and that it usually works with "anonymous"...
All the best
and have a wonderful time!
Traude
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2022/11/internationale-glastage-in-der.html

kathyinozarks said...

Great collage Elizabeth, and the second one sounds fun with the prompts Happy mid week

My name is Erika. said...

So many fun views today Elizabeth. I am loving the tomatoes. They not only look yummy, but they make a great collage for food and fodder. I have a chinois for pulling seeds and skin out of my tomatoes, but unfortunately the last few years I haven't gotten enough tomatoes to make a whole lot of sauce. Oh well. Hope your middle of the week is going well. hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Mmm, tomatoes. Making me think of hot days in August instead of the inch of snow and freezing drizzle happening outside my window this morning. I'm enjoying how you are building the challenge page.

jinxxxygirl said...

You mention you interest in the brain Elizabeth. I just read recently about the 10,000 brain collection they have in Denmark. Have you heard of that? Love your collage pieces Elizabeth and your explanation on how you do them. I'm sorry leaving comments has become so difficult. I hope they figure it out soon and fix it. I have not had any trouble that i can tell.. Hugs! deb

Christine said...

Nice work

Lowcarb team member said...

I just love tomatoes :)

I do hope your commenting glitches will soon be sorted. I too am still experiencing problems on some blogs, and some comments are still going into spam folder when clearly, they are not spam.
It can be frustrating at times.

Take care.

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

You have maxed out the food/collage fodder theme and it works so well for you. And I love tomatoes! (I always skin my tomatoes when I make sauce but leave them on for sandwiches. Go figure!) I hope your computer is doing better.

Neet said...

I love a good tomato but too often we seem to get tasteless ones these days - forced I guess.
Yours look ver so rich and tasty and I must admit when having tomatoes fried or anything like that I prefer to use tinned ones.
Sorry about the commenting problem you are having.
Hugs, Neet xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Elizabeth, but then I love tomatoes- we have tomatoes in at least one meal each day. Clever you to use the reference pic at a different angle. Another great page for your AJJ theme. I'm loving seeing yourTreasure Trovember page grow. I try to keep calm with the commenting probems...but T might tell you differently!! Hugs, Chrisx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your collages are fabulously rendered. That's a lot of work and annoying with mail commenting. I wish you a nice day, hugs-Elke

craftytrog said...

I love your tomato page Elizabeth, We grew some delicious varieties this year.
Your Treasure Trovember page is looking beautiful too, such a fun challenge.
Alison

Debra said...

Oh-love, love these pages! You are so good with color and texture-and design. Well done! I didn't realize tomato seeds were bitter!!!