Thursday, November 17, 2022

Dream

 

I'm still having problems leaving comments on certain blogs.  Very stressful. 

Additionally, I have been gone all day.  I got home and was about to photograph my spread in my Stress Free altered book when my batteries died.  When I tried to change them, none I tried seemed to be charged.  I decided to scan the spread, which of course was too large for the scanner.

This is called Dream.  Some might think it's a nightmare.  It's actually today's entry for Art Journal Journey, which Bleubeard and I are hosting with the themes  Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.  
 
I decided to show both sides of the spread with a few detail shots of each.
 

 
I thought the pattern left on the tea bag looked like a tea pot.







Everything on these two pages was recycled or left over from other projects with the exception of the flowers that were sent to me ages ago by my friend Erika.  The eggnog label came off the plastic jug with part of it leaving the top layer only.  I thought it looked like a transparency, which made it as special as the drink itself!  
 
I've become addicted to creating those wonky flowery leaves or whatever they are.  I can't seem to stop making them.  
 
I couldn't believe I found a new banana label (on the top right not seen in full view) I had not seen before.  All marks were made with a felt tip pen and the word Dream was written on a scrap of black cardstock with a white gel pen.  The gold molding paste was left over from a previous project.  I was surprised it hadn't dried to the point it couldn't be used.  I used a stencil on red paper to spread it on the page.

Bleubeard and I are really happy you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own take on Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. We hope you understand about our inability to leave comments on certain blogs.

  We are also joining AEDM.


 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful spread Elizabeth, so much to see and enjoy! Nice stitching, too. Have a great day, Hugs, Valerie

Mae Travels said...

"In dreams begins responsibility" is a quote from William Butler Yeats that was then used as the title of a famous short story by Delmore Schwartz. This is what your collage makes me think about.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Elephant's Child said...

Sigh at the blogging issues.
I always love your work - and this is no exception.

Iris Flavia said...

Some days are just... hm-hm-hm...
Yes, I sometimes still have problems too, with comments.
Funny, I can still read that German, even upside-down. Well, single words...
Bananas rock today, I have them, also :-)

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the overall dreamy feel to the page. And then specific elements as one might remember in a dream like the pansies, music, circles.

DVArtist said...

Really beautiful. Sorry about your batteries. Good thing you have a scanner. Have a great day today.

jinxxxygirl said...

Well i think its a Dream and it is lovely Elizabeth! I love seeing all the different pieces you used. Hugs! deb

Rita said...

Blogger has been so glitchy!
Nice spread. Glad you could use your scanner anyways. :)
Have a great weekend.

Helen said...

good spread! You don't seem to have much luck with your batteries! hope they're charged next time you need some.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

It's beautiful. And, yes, it's "dreamy" not "nightmarish."

Debra said...

It is beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a wonderful spread. It feels calming to me. The colors are great; you picked the perfect papers. Glad I found this post because I seemed to have missed it yesterday. hugs-Erika

Jeanie said...

Don't you just hate days like that, when everything seems to go amiss with tech stuff? My printer is down again. It worked and then it didn't -- says it's offline but everything is plugged in correctly. If there's a way to reset it, I don't know how. And a lovely art piece by the way, too!

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is a beautiful page Elizabeth- excellent colour combination, hugs, Chrisx