Monday, November 7, 2022

Put a lid on it!

 

Bleubeard and I welcome you back to Art Journal Journey, which we are hosting this month.  Our themes are Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both. 

It's time to put a lid on it!  Pots and pans, that is.  We learned there are a multitude of lids, and we decided to share a few of them with you.

Below are detail shots:






I started this spread using a Staz-on reinker and 91% isopropyl alcohol on 110 lb cardstock.  I sewed the lid examples using black and white variegated thread. 

Bleubeard and I are beyond happy you visited today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey with your own journal page featuring Collage Fodder, Food and Drink, or both.
 

  We are also joining AEDM.


13 thoughtful remarks:

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you for this very different focus.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fascinating! I have more lids than pots and pans, and can't bear to throw them away in case I might need them.... Have a great day, till later! Hugs, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

We were so dumb to purchase a one-fits-all lid...
You should´ve published this earlier ;-)

Jenn Jilks said...

I love this point of view!

Christine said...

Nice work

CJ Kennedy said...

Interesting. I thought a lid was just a lid. Who knew the shape would effect the temperature, rate of evaporation, etc.

My name is Erika. said...

Ha ha- this is a fun page. I love all the lids, and the those are great little explanations of lids too. This is a great idea for your challenge! hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

great page Elizabeth I have a lid for each of my revere pans and a few lids for my cast iron pieces-fun page hugs

Jeanie said...

Rick's always telling me to put a lid on my boiling water pots to speed it up. I always forget! Maybe I'll remember now!

Rita said...

I do love my lids! Great page. :)

Neet said...

What an interesting post. Why is it I have pans with no lis and it is always that one that needs one? i think I need to get a universal pan lid.
Hugs Neet xxx

Debra said...

I enjoyed this one so much-read the paragraph about lids too.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lovely lids! I don't see the one I used to dread...the pressure cooker lid! Interesting info too! Another great AJJ page ! Hugs, Chrisx